MBRP filter back exhaust or no? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by imported_Hanging_Heels, this thread has received 5 replies and been viewed 1046 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-15-2007, 10:02 PM Thread Starter

MBRP filter back exhaust or no?

So im thinking about getting exhaust put on my truck, bc i hate the way the new exhaust looks on the 08's, not to mention i want a little noise. So i was surfing the net and came across MBRP 4-Inch Exhaust System (Filter-Back)..i. I like the way it looks and all but what kind of gains do you think i would get if any putting this on (horsepower/torque wise)? Do you think i should even expect gains considering its filter back? Or im also thinking maybe i should wait a little longer and see what else comes out... What kind of brands should i look for with exhaust, is MBRP even a reputable name? Do you think it will have a good sound to it? Im also looking at the AFE intake for the truck as well... what kinda gains should i see with that? Should i wait for other brands to come out with theirs, or is AFE a good brand. Any information would be helpful. Im pretty new to the diesel world... Thanks
Here are some pictures of that exhaust...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-15-2007, 10:18 PM

Both MBRP and Magnaflow both make exhaust for the 6.4, IMO I would lean towards the MBRP. The AFE stage 2 seems to be a nice setup with good numbers. I don't have a 6.4, or I would have done this already and could tell you from experience. Let me know if I can help.
Kenny
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 12:18 AM
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #85

:bow: :Thumbup: cool I'm glad you found a pic I've been dying to see what it would look like. I would say go with the mbrp quailty is A+ and will have to give you some mor hp & tq than what you have stock !!
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 03:38 AM
TDG #97

I am ordering one now...before i even have my truck...haha
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 08:20 PM

Anyone know how loud the MBRP exhaust is on the 6.4s? I like the look of the cool duals. The stock 6.4 is way too quiet.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 03:24 PM

Flowmaster is also releasing a system for the 6.4L. MBRP also has stacks available in addition to the single and dual exhaust system.

05/2009 F350 2WD CC DUALLY EBONY (Inside/Out) dropped 3/5 on 305/45-22 - dubbed "Cat Woman"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode