Radio removal/installation, need some help/info - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by imported_Hanging_Heels, this thread has received 5 replies and been viewed 732 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 11:13 PM Thread Starter

Radio removal/installation, need some help/info

So im taking out my stock headunit in my 08 f250. Im wondering if that wood grain panel that is infront of the radio is held in by all snaps and you just yank it off or if there is skrews somewhere that are hidden and if so where? How do you get this wood gain panel off? I got the panasonic CQ-VD7003U 7" touchscreen and i also got the PAC SWI-X steering wheel radio control interface so i can still use my factory controls on my steering wheel with my panasonic headunit. Its going to be the first time ill be installing something like this steering wheel interface and im wondering how you do it, has anyone done this installation before? If so can you give me some details how to do it. Thanks in advance, i appreciate your help.

p.s. im also looking for a sub box that will fit behind these back seats in the new 08 f250's.. if anyone is selling their system or has dimensions or any info on how i should do this, please let me know...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 01:23 AM

I don't know from experience on the 08's but I would think that it is all snap on. Just pull easy, most dashes that have screws to remove that panel, I think they are normally on the bottom.

Hope this helps,
Kenny
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 01:38 AM

Does your head unit have Navigation?
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 02:00 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

if i buy the nav computer brain for it, which im thinking about getting...
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 05:09 AM

On either side of where the trailer brake controller/up-fitter switches go,there is a removable panel that pops out with some prying.Behind these panels are one scew on each side.Then the center panel pops off with some prying.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

thanks i appreciate the info... does anyone have or know of any wiring diagrams for the ford's harness's? please if you do, let me know some info or website where i can go to take a look at it...?!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode