Terrible door handle engineeering... absolutely ridiculous - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by imported_Hanging_Heels, this thread has received 20 replies and been viewed 2111 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 01:33 AM Thread Starter

Terrible door handle engineeering... absolutely ridiculous

So i went to office max today in my 4 week old 08 f250 psd lariat to drop off a package to ship by dhl. there is a sports authority and barnes and noble on either side of office max. i park my truck 4 spots in from the front (backed in.) i go inside drop the package off, fill in the information to where the address is going, and pay the lady. i was in there for a maximum of 7 minutes (literally.) i come outside to my truck and half of my door handle is popped off and i open it and my ipod and bag are missing along with a couple of other replaceable things. probably a total of $800 worth. i instantly look around for someone with a bag or someone that looks suspicious but dont see anyone. i then called the police and they came and they told me that this is happeneinng alot to the f250 f350 etc. bc it is so easy to break into, and such a hot vehicle. i live in florida so people break into it and drive it down to miami and put it in a crate and send it out by boat to be stripped down. now in my case they just stole some things. the police said they caught a couple of guys that were stealing 2 different trucks hooked up to boats and they tried to get away with it, but they 5.0 ran them down and got them. but he said ever since we got them its still been happening. now im not just classifying the 08's, its also the previous yrs with the same door handle style. Now im not going to say how theyd did it bc i dont want crazies reading this and going to do it but when i say its easy it is soooooooo EASY!!! fords engineering on something like this is terrible, it just takes a maximum of 30 seconds to get into the truck with they way they did it. its total childsplay once i seen this. now my suggestion to everyone would be to get a high end alarm for these trucks or a battery killswitch hidden or something so when you go to turn on your truck if the switch isnt on, then your truck isnt starting. im telling you, i cant get over how easy it is to break into these trucks... i am going to ford tomorrow and complaing and seeing what they have to say... this is ridiculous... just thought i'de let you guys know before it might happen to you. let me know if you guys know of any really good alarms, im researching that now??!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 02:26 AM

That's horrible, but I'm glad you shared your story.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 02:41 AM

My truck was also broken into but luckily they used a slim jim and caused no damage to the truck. They got away with my GPS and radar detector. When I went to local alarm shops they all said the superduty was easy to get into. One guy said you could practicaly throw a stick at them and it would open up!
I decided on a Python 1600XP with remote start. I realy like it so far. All three of the shops I went to said the same thing, all alarms are basicly the same it just comes down to bells and wistles. My truck has a shell on it and with every door and window and the hood pinned it cost me $ 700. There is also a product called Jimmy Jammers that is suppost to prevent what you discribed. I opted for just the alarm, I figured if the door gets opened the alarm will sound anyway. Hopefully the blinking red light will deture the thief to go pray on another truck?
JMC

2007 White and tan F-250 CC Lariat 6.0L FX4 :93C_peelo

2003 Gray F-250 CC XLT 6.0L FX4=reaquired by Ford
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 03:48 AM

Here is my plan for keeping my truck.
1. Take all of those fancy little 4X4 stickers off, they're ugly anyway.
2. Remove all "powerstroke", "duramax/allison" and "cummins" emblems. I know you paid a buttload for the diesel option and are extraordinarily proud but who really needs to know?
3. Tint the windows as dark as you can possibly stand it, nobody can steal what they can't see.
4. I have a good alarm I installed myself, and other super-secret security features that would completely baffle most people.
5. No stickers of any kind or vanity plates, that's asking for trouble!
6. Wash it very, very infrequently.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanging_Heels
it just takes a maximum of 30 seconds to get into the truck with they way they did it.
I must tell you it is so true!!! I drive a 2001 F150 super crew i locked my keys in my truck and the AAA guy went through the out side of the window and got the door open in literally i mean literally 5-6 seconds!!!! Thats as long as it takesme ifi use my key! I was discusted! I am looking at getting one of those jimmy jammers.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 02:18 PM

Anyone with a slim jim can get into pretty much any truck in the world, its just easy on a ford, but you know whats even easier????\

Smashing out your window and pressing unlock. If they want in, they'll be in their, regardless of the make. So go get an alarm, so they get a headache while they're stealing all your stuff.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 05:39 PM
TDG #97

I have a clifford LCD car starter alarm that i will be installing on my new 2008 F350...that should keep people at bay...
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 07:24 PM

wow, what are these jimmy jammers you speak of? i have a viper 2 way on mine with remote start.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 07:24 PM

I had 7 BRAND NEW TRUCKS stolen off my CHAINED lot. We got GREAT Security Cameras that recorded it all. Nothing you do will stop them if they want it. That being said, the New 2008 Super-Duty has a anti-theft CHIP KEY available if you order it that way.
randy

Ford Fleet/Comm Truck Mngr. Custom F-650 Trucks, Shelby GT500 & KR Mustangs. 406 544-6891 [email protected] Thanks Randy
TDG Mafia #53 ... Riding High Club #30 https://www.thedieselgarage.com/foru...pictureid=1589
I'd rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God, than in church thinking about my motorcycle. ~unknown~
===============
"I wanna die like my grandfather, in his sleep, not like the other 4 passengers screaming in his car".
===============
2008 Harley Softail Custom 105th Aniv Limited Edition
2006 Harley F-250 Black w/Blue Flames FOR SALE $23K
2006 Harley F-350 Tor Red w/Black Flames SOLD
2005 Harley F-250 True Blue w/Med Blue Flames SOLD
2004 Harley F-250 Black & DSG 2/tone 6" Lift SOLD
1.3 million miles OTR and still Truckin!!
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it's in English, thank a soldier.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurkin
wow, what are these jimmy jammers you speak of? i have a viper 2 way on mine with remote start.
Do a google or yahoo search and you can check them out.
I decided to skip them though, the alarm will go off if the door is opened?
JMC

2007 White and tan F-250 CC Lariat 6.0L FX4 :93C_peelo

2003 Gray F-250 CC XLT 6.0L FX4=reaquired by Ford

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode