No YM2008 6.4 Powerstrokes downunder - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Flywest, this thread has received 1 replies and been viewed 503 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 08:36 AM Thread Starter

No YM2008 6.4 Powerstrokes downunder

Ford Australia Boss announces no 2008 model F Trucks with the 6.4 diesel for downunder!
Source:-
http://www.carpoint.com.au/car-review/2594042.aspx

Excerpt!

Quote:
Ford's striking new F-series might seem a 'must have' for the Broadie boys and their rural dealers who are doing it tough in the Aussie-wide drought, but it is now dead as far as a Down Under release is concerned.

Desperately needing to accumulate volume and profits in the bush, F-series volumes simple cannot provide sufficient dollars to support the business case to build right-hand drive versions.

It isn't for lack of trying nor desire, however. Ford boss, Tom Gorman confirmed that a study was undertaken to bring the new model F trucks into Australia but the fact the trucks would have to be built in the US (previous models were ex-Brazil) was the final nail in the coffin.

"The F-series is really critical to our rural dealers and was a great brand for us, but we just couldn't get the economics to work on this cycle with the US. We haven't given up on it but we are not going to have anything in the near-term]," Gorman told The Carsales Network at this week's monthly dissection of Ford's sales figures.

"Our [Ford Australia's] challenge is as the only right-hand drive market [for F-series], even if you doubled our [previous] volume to 400 a month, the investment is a tough equation."

Gorman said be believed there was room in this market for full-sized pick-ups like F-series but that it would be tough for any current marque. He said he thought it unlikely that any of the existing large pick-up manufacturers -- Chrysler Group, Toyota, Nissan and GM --would be able to make the volumes work

Meanwhile, CNC has heard of rural and industrial operators desperately in need of additional F-series examples leaving their contact details at Ford dealer service departments offering a premium to any current F-series owner wanting to sell.
Looks like the long wait has all been for nothing!
No new F trucks downunder ever again the way Ford is going!

Have owned a few Ford vehicles in my time and never thought I'd live to see the day Ford goes under, but with the way they are losing $ and with all the Ford / Navistar legal problems - I have to say the future for Ford doesn't look at all rosey!

I guess this just means my F truck will keep going up and up in value as time passes! It's at $100K now - should I hold it a bit longer or get out while the goings good?

The opportunity to convert low mileage F trucks to RH drive and ship them downunder, for huge markups (200% - 300%) looks set to continue it would appear!

Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 01:38 PM
TDG Mafia #76

Send a message via AIM to John_DeereGreen Send a message via Yahoo to John_DeereGreen
That's too bad that they can't make it work, cause they're great trucks. Maybe a private company will find it profitable to convert and export them. You never know...

Jarrett
04.5 qcsb commonrail
Smarty TnT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode