The Diesel Garage banner

Steve Racer Mod???

3K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  RHCDIESEL 
#1 ·
Anyone know if there is a Steve Racer mod for the 08's like the 99-07 had???

#3 ·
Hmmm...what is the Steve Racer mod?

#9 ·
I too would love to find this because I did it on my F-150 and the results were great. The high beams on this truck just seem to wash, not really penetrate like the little high beams on my Explorer. The same was the case on my F-150 and putting a little light back directly in front of the truck made a big difference. Anyone?

#10 ·
Saw a big difference when I did it to my 05. Just hoping I could do it to my 08

#11 ·
ANy one figured out if it will work on an '08?

#12 ·
IIRC it doesnt work beyond the 2004 my

#14 ·
I seen a post somewhere where a guy converted his to HID and they looked awesome. I can't remember if his driving lights stayed on with the high beams, but it should be a matter of a simple wiring change. If I can find the post I will stick it on here.

#15 ·
I'm sure it can be done. Would require a jumper, if you had a meter you could just track down the relay that opens the fog light circuit and bypass it or jumper off the relay that closes circuit for the high beams. Should be simple enough, just make sure you dont bypass your circuit protection.

#16 ·
Anyone have the wiring diagram for the headlights????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.