Respectful Questions about the 6.4 from a Cummins guy - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by gearhead87, this thread has received 1 replies and been viewed 927 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-23-2007, 08:07 PM Thread Starter

Respectful Questions about the 6.4 from a Cummins guy

Hey folks, right now i'm happy with my 02 Cummins, but...I'm thinking in a few years I'm gonna be looking for a new truck. Now I know with mine, it's like a 1960s gas-powered vehicle: no retarded emmisions stuff to worry about, power adders up tha wazoo...etc. My questions are: How much can you tune the 6.4? What's the deal with the DPF? Can you take that off? What other restrictions are on the 08+ diesels? Thanks guys, I appreciate it.:smoke
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-23-2007, 08:41 PM
git-r-done

Well, for the 6.4's SCT would be the premier performance tuner while the DPF can currently only be deleted with the help of KEM performance and from what i hear is not all that great.
Just for info the sct extreme tune ( 120 hp )made a 6.4 run about 14.5 or some where near that in the quarter mile.
There are many guys on here running an AFE stg 2 intake. Mbrb makes a filter back exhaust as well as magneflow.
I think that Spearco has an upgraded intercooler but it dosent fix the flattened outlet tube.

hope this helps
you mat also check some of the videos on you tube search for "car data videos 2008 superduty" or some combinations of the sort.

Thad Seybert
2008 F-350 crew cab short bed Lariat 4x4 6.4 with 3.73's Spartan flash update 250 210 175 150, S&B intake, MBRP cool duals, Rockford amps, Infinity speakers, Tuff Tonneau,
1996 F-250 extended cab short bed 4x4 7.3 5-spd with 3.55's , DIY STG 1's, 4" Diamond Eye duals, DIY Intake, dp tuner, Cobalt gauges, Adrenaline pump, SD springs, D66 turbo, 6.0 intercooler, Custom electric regulated fuel system, Truetrac.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode