Radiator Leaks & heater not working - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by trac, this thread has received 1 replies and been viewed 852 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-13-2008, 04:50 PM Thread Starter
Trac

Radiator Leaks & heater not working

I just had my radiator replaced 3 months ago & it's leaking again but this time it looks like the leaks are coming from 3 or more places and it's leaking a lot of fluid. At first I thought my front axles were leaking because pretty much everything is soaking wet under there and 1 1/2 months ago they replaced my drive shaft with the "updated" one and also had to overhaul my differential replaced ring pinion & all bearings. They also said I could pick the truck up but the gears were still not right.
Last night driving home I turned my heater on high and it only would blow cold air like I had my a/c on & it was making a lot of noise.
What would make my heater do that?
Roadside just towed my truck down to the dealer so they can get to it 1st thing Monday am.
I will say roadside was great it only took 2 hours to get someone out here.
A couple of times with my 04 roadside took 18 hours and longer.
Thanks for your input :angel:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-13-2008, 05:08 PM
TDG Mafia # 81

More than likely you have air in the cooling system and a pocket is trapped in the heater core. Thats what was happening to my heater when my headgaskets let go in my truck. Hope they get you back on the road soon.

2001 GMC 2500HD EC/LB, 4X4. A few go fast goodies. 540hp/1107tq Danville Dyno 11/09, Kennedy 40% injectors.

05 IH 9400i with Cummins ISX pulling a lumber bunk trailer, stuck in a swamp somewhere in Indiana.

Proud Veteran Served 6yrs Active Army From Germany, Kuwait and Bosnia to Ft. Hood and Ft. Knox

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode