ha the amazing twin turbo!! - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by powersmoke18, this thread has received 30 replies and been viewed 2400 times.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-20-2008, 06:27 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to powersmoke18
ha the amazing twin turbo!!

alrighty well i would like to know if i win the award for first turbo problem? well last night i was driving down highway 70 in new jearsey and my truck started to make a funny noise at first i thought it might have been the exhaust rubbing but this morning i went to go investigate. after poking around the truck a bit i opened the hood and the turbo was umm for lack of a better term sreaming. upon investigation and dissasembly i found that the primary turbo is extremely tight like its hard to spin with your fingers and it grabs. as for the secoundary turbo it is almost completely seized. however i find it kinda cool that the little turbo was able to keep enough air flowing so i could drive the truck home. so its off to ford for hopefully 2 new turbos. just figured i would let u guys have a laugh. it was kinda cool to see the 08 blow smoke to!!! the 6.7 cummins is looking real nice right now. but i guess twins are nice because we have a backup.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-20-2008, 06:44 PM

Thats a drag!! Glad you made it home safe though!! Hope they get ya fixed up fast!! O and done right!!

FOR SALE 2002 F250 4X4 Crew Cab Short Bed Lariat Dark shadow Gray W/ Custom Flame Paint Job in Pearl Silver and Purple Tips Pinstriped in Burple. Icon 12.5" Lift with OneUpOffroad 5" Traction Bar Block system, OUO Drive Line Drop Bracket,Clocked Transfer Case, SS Brake Lines, Dual shocks UpFront,Mickey thompson 38X15.50R18 tires, Wels Racing Dune 8 18X10 wheels,Bushwacker Pocket Fender Flares, Reflexion steel hood, ARE Z Series Shell, chrome Tow Hook,Putco Flame Grille, Trenz billet rear Veiw Mirror & Flame Pedals, New Image Flame Gauges, AFE Stage 2 Cold Air Intake, MBRP, Cools Duals T-304SS w/Custom Flame T-304 SS Tips,Autometer Z Series Pyro,Boost,Tranny Gauges,Loud Kenwoo/Kicker 1600 + RMS Stereo System, Husky Floor Liners, More!
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-20-2008, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Send a message via AIM to powersmoke18
ya i hope they fix it right we just sent our f450 out to have the axle seals replaced and guess what its going back!!
post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-20-2008, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by powersmoke18
alrighty well i would like to know if i win the award for first turbo problem? well last night i was driving down highway 70 in new jearsey and my truck started to make a funny noise at first i thought it might have been the exhaust rubbing but this morning i went to go investigate. after poking around the truck a bit i opened the hood and the turbo was umm for lack of a better term sreaming. upon investigation and dissasembly i found that the primary turbo is extremely tight like its hard to spin with your fingers and it grabs. as for the secoundary turbo it is almost completely seized. however i find it kinda cool that the little turbo was able to keep enough air flowing so i could drive the truck home. so its off to ford for hopefully 2 new turbos. just figured i would let u guys have a laugh. it was kinda cool to see the 08 blow smoke to!!! the 6.7 cummins is looking real nice right now. but i guess twins are nice because we have a backup.
Go ahead take the cummins youll miss your ford. TRUST ME. I wish I would have bought a 06 Ford or Chevy not a Dodge
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-20-2008, 10:18 PM
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by powersmoke18
wow man sucks that you had problems I'd be pissed too, but not enough to totally dismiss ford and go out and buy another brand. This is the risk you take when you buy a truck with a new powertrain !
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-20-2008, 10:27 PM

this is the risk of buying any vehicle. no one has ever had a turbo falilure before? a cummins is the only engine in the world that is perfect? they will get the turbos figurred out next year im sure. no one has fuigered out haow to buid a turbo yet anyway. i was very diapointed that my 600 hp kta cummins went way over a million mies without me experiencing a turbo blow up. but it was acummins and we know cummins engines never dump a turbo.
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-21-2008, 12:20 AM

you guys are making my decision so hard. Gotta buy a truck within the next two weeks. Cant get consistant reviews Glad you made it home

FMFreight
2005 Ford Excursion 6.0 4x4 Banks Six Gun, Exhaust, K&N Filter
2008 F250 4x4 afe, JL Audio 13TW5/Evolution ZR/Slashv2, Custom "24 Asanti wheels, Nitto Terra Grapplers, "4 Skyjacker Lift
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-21-2008, 12:50 AM
Upside Swordfish

that sound was cute.. i told you something was wrong but no.. dont listen to me... and then when you dropped me off and i told you only one turbo was working.. then you found the problem... see... i told you to get a dodge and not a powerstroke me

Jeff
1996 ram 2500 ex cab long 2wd, 5'' straight, 215s, 4k gsk(only revin till 3k), 16* timing, fuel plate MIA, afc modded FF, CFM intake mani, afe stage 2

15.40 at 90.61 in the 1/4th (09-18-10)
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-21-2008, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred43
this is the risk of buying any vehicle. no one has ever had a turbo falilure before? a cummins is the only engine in the world that is perfect? they will get the turbos figurred out next year im sure. no one has fuigered out haow to buid a turbo yet anyway. i was very diapointed that my 600 hp kta cummins went way over a million mies without me experiencing a turbo blow up. but it was acummins and we know cummins engines never dump a turbo.
you nailed it, this stuff happens, if it happened often I'd blame ford or IH, but one truck isn't gonna make me say no thanks, no more, not to say if it was my truck I wouldn't be super pissed, but warranty, and if it happens again, then dish on ford, but just hold off on it and stick with the brand
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-21-2008, 02:08 AM
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmfreight
you guys are making my decision so hard. Gotta buy a truck within the next two weeks. Cant get consistant reviews Glad you made it home
A piece of unbiased advice If you need to purchase a truck and not sure on which of the 3 to get ? You should go drive all 3 in the configuration that you will be buying make sure you get some good seat time write down the likes and dislikes and what ever you feel to most comfortable with buy it no matter what anyone says you're paying for it and all vehicle have problems so no one is theoretically better.

you're the boss on this one :Thumbup:
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode