Question From A New Guy - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Fasteddie08, this thread has received 3 replies and been viewed 571 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 11:40 AM Thread Starter

Question From A New Guy

I am the proud owner of a 08, Lariat, 350, Crew Cab and like most I am not getting the best fuel mileage. about 15 highway (empty), but I live in Western PA dn travel to W.V and bothr places are hilly. I don't have any other problems with the truck and it has 7,000 on it. I do understand warranty and the mods that will effect it, but my question is... If you remove the DPF would it pass the emission test? Would the mpg really shoot up to around 23 mpg as others have stated? If so, sound to me like I should take mine off as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 04:15 PM
TDG #97

The 23mpg... it is to early to tell, the only person that has one out that i know of people having is KEM performance, I did how ever just get a PM from BAP (member here) from Bay Area Diesel Performance... he said he has a DPF delete kit as well, i asked him for some more info, so, when i get that i will relay it here... If once I delete my DPF and i get 23mpg i will be estatic... i just want a little whistle:smoke

I dont think you have emissions testing in Penn yet... but if you do, or if you need to take it into the dealer... here is what i am going to do...

I am going to get a piece of 4" SS tubing... weld in all the sensor bungs... and then weld a flange at on end to exactly match the one that is currently on the DPF... so that the entire DPF and Cat assembly can be removed in its entirety... and then put the pipe up there i made... that way i can just pull that pipe out and throw the DPF back in there no problems if i need to go see the dealer or for testing (there is none in Ohio)...

and on another note about the DPF delete... you can just pull the DPF out you must have a DPF delete tune... I myself will most likely wait on Innovative, Eric told me it would be a couple more weeks!!!

Hope that answers your question... if not you can do a search it has been discussed numerous times! :Thumbup:

AND WELCOME TO THE SITE!!! 2:

MAFIA #97
RIDIN' HIGH #28
RIDIN' DIRTY #40
SINGLES CLUB #203
B.O.M.B. SQUAD #67

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008TTCC
The 23mpg... it is to early to tell, the only person that has one out that i know of people having is KEM performance, I did how ever just get a PM from BAP (member here) from Bay Area Diesel Performance... he said he has a DPF delete kit as well, i asked him for some more info, so, when i get that i will relay it here... If once I delete my DPF and i get 23mpg i will be estatic... i just want a little whistle:smoke

I dont think you have emissions testing in Penn yet... but if you do, or if you need to take it into the dealer... here is what i am going to do...

I am going to get a piece of 4" SS tubing... weld in all the sensor bungs... and then weld a flange at on end to exactly match the one that is currently on the DPF... so that the entire DPF and Cat assembly can be removed in its entirety... and then put the pipe up there i made... that way i can just pull that pipe out and throw the DPF back in there no problems if i need to go see the dealer or for testing (there is none in Ohio)...

and on another note about the DPF delete... you can just pull the DPF out you must have a DPF delete tune... I myself will most likely wait on Innovative, Eric told me it would be a couple more weeks!!!

Hope that answers your question... if not you can do a search it has been discussed numerous times! :Thumbup:

AND WELCOME TO THE SITE!!! 2:
Doing the same thing also.:Thumbup: I'm going to water jet cut a hand full of flanges for the exhaust. It should make it easy to switch between the strait pipe and dpf system.... My goal would be a 10 min. exhaust change.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 04:32 PM
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #85

I'd wait there's so much potential in this new engine that we don't even know about yet !

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode