Ford bought it back - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by CCDC, this thread has received 25 replies and been viewed 2593 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-27-2008, 11:55 AM Thread Starter

Ford bought it back

after 34 days in service and multiple repair attempts Ford bought my 2008 F250 6.4 back. mileage was 12,500 upon returning..

Sure like the feul economy and ride of my new 08 Cehy HD duramax 4x4 Dually
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-27-2008, 01:53 PM

Too bad the Ford didn't work out. Its a nice looking truck. Good luck with the Chevy.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-27-2008, 03:50 PM
TDG Mafia #76

Send a message via AIM to John_DeereGreen Send a message via Yahoo to John_DeereGreen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevypowa670
good choice with the chevy, i doubt the chevy will be leaving you to sit in a shop for 30 days. Im thinking you will have better luck:Thumbup:
Every brand has problems. There's no way you can find a new MY release that's gone without problems. It's not possible to do with the complexity of today's vehicles. Dodge, Ford, Chevy, Toyota, Kia, I don't care what brand you choose, the first year on a new motor and/or complete platform is GOING to have problems. At least FMC took care of this one by buying the truck back.

We've been down this road in this forum before: someone that supports another brand comes in and stirs trouble. There have been several threads that could have been filled with good information ruined by things like this. PLEASE don't do it again in this one, guys!!!

Jarrett
04.5 qcsb commonrail
Smarty TnT
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-27-2008, 04:23 PM
SeaPig

Garage
Pretty Truck. To bad you had so many problems with it.
Can't wait to see the pretty pictures of your new Chevy..........IN THE CHEVY FORUMS:RTFM:
~Mike~

[B]2008 F-450 Lariat 4x4 6.4L PSD LWB DRW 4:88's
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-27-2008, 05:08 PM
git-r-done

Com'on guys don't be so harsh. I bet that half of us would consider buying a product from a different mfg if one of our trucks, despite what it is, was in the shop for a month.
Lets just hope that he has better luck. Every once in a while you get a lemon.
Not even the old cars were very good, they were actually worse. I am friends with the original owner of my GTO, a pontiac engineer. He said that they would have cars goin down the line with the axles tracking off center and rollin sideways.
Just consider how many more things these new vehicles have to have proved out. It's a miracle that there arn't more that have problems.:bow:

Best wishes
as for me,.......still rollin with :ford

Thad Seybert
2008 F-350 crew cab short bed Lariat 4x4 6.4 with 3.73's Spartan flash update 250 210 175 150, S&B intake, MBRP cool duals, Rockford amps, Infinity speakers, Tuff Tonneau,
1996 F-250 extended cab short bed 4x4 7.3 5-spd with 3.55's , DIY STG 1's, 4" Diamond Eye duals, DIY Intake, dp tuner, Cobalt gauges, Adrenaline pump, SD springs, D66 turbo, 6.0 intercooler, Custom electric regulated fuel system, Truetrac.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-27-2008, 06:00 PM

Congrates, it must of been a real POS for them to buy it back. My 06 was in the shop way more than that, I couldn't even get the dealer to make a deal on a new truck.
Lets see some pics of the new truck.

07 3500 5.9 QC LB AT 4x4 Edge Additude w/hot unlock S&B intake 5" Magnaflow exhaust
Trucks Sold
93 F250 7.3 Turbo SC LB 5 Speed 4x4 XLT Stock
2006 F350 6.0 CC LB AT 4x4 King Ranch SCT etc
2003 F350 7.3 SC LB AT 4x4 XLT H2E and more
1993 F250 7.3 LB IDI 2wd 5 speed XL Pump turned up
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-27-2008, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevypowa670
good choice with the chevy, i doubt the chevy will be leaving you to sit in a shop for 30 days. Im thinking you will have better luck:Thumbup:
Why don't you guys just ignore this idiot (sorry Mod's) and maybe he will go away. I don't think anyone would mind if you were to come here and post, if it wasn't for the blatant fact that all try and do is try to stir up trouble. You don't help/have any use here, but to just try and piss everyone that owns a ford off. I guess I too would be such an unpleasant individual if I drove a Suburban, and used my spare time to come a 6.4L diesel forum just too bug people.

I understand what the original poster is saying, I would be pissed at ford if my 40k truck was in the shop 34 days, but just the fact that he comes in here saying that he loves his new Chevy and etc. Is just asking for some trouble, especially since he only has 7 posts. If he would have come here when it all started then we too would have probably been pissed at ford if we knew his whole experience, who knows maybe he just found the site. But you have to give people the benefit of the doubt, I guess....
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-27-2008, 08:54 PM
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #85

I like many of the people who frequent this forum and add valuable information so that we all might better understand our purchase and learn things before we have to deal with " life's little costly lessons" are happy to help out brothers from other camps IE: chevy and dodge when they are in a bind and need advice. I'm ford loyal simply b/c I like the product and b/c I when I was born I was brought home in a f-150 and my father has always had a f-series truck.

threads like this upset me b/c if truly someones ford purchase went sour and they left for another brand in a way I lost b/c the product I hold near and dear didn't perform as expected and probably lost a ford brother for life. Quality control should be car makers top priority but with man made mechanical devices there will always be flaws. Lets hope we can reduce the %'s of incidents like this across the board for all makes so we can spend less time fighting about whose product is the best and start enjoying our purchase.

:Thumbup:
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-27-2008, 08:59 PM
4cstr

Holy freakin "Cry me a River". What is up. Some guy posts on here about troubles that he is having...and everybody jumps into his chit.

If you want to see his description about the new '08..see here. I guess now maybe I should wait for the Chevy guys to jump up and down because a Ford picture got posted in THEIR forums? Sheesh...

If it was me...and since he has apparently documented the problems he was having...and I owned a '08 Ford...I would sure as hell be wanting to know what his issues were...versus jumping all over his chit here.

Personally...given all the choices that he had...including going to a big gasser...or gulp a Tundra...he still chose diesel.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-27-2008, 09:05 PM
Diesel Mafia #67

So what happened why did Ford have your truck for so long?? J/W

Jordan

95-dodge 2500 built to the hill... - sold to litle brother
03- stroker 6.0 studs and basic BS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode