Anyone have their 6.4 Lemon Lawed or Bought Back By Ford? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by MRBOHN23, this thread has received 11 replies and been viewed 2249 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-02-2008, 02:40 AM Thread Starter
Now Cummins Powered

Garage
Anyone have their 6.4 Lemon Lawed or Bought Back By Ford?

Guys as you may have read my truck went in today for a cab off tear down of my 6.4 due to this tapping sound. I know some of you have had problems with motors grenading and blowing, so any of you that have had your trucks LEMON LAWED or BOUGHT BACK by FORD, please send me a private message on what steps you took to have this completed. I Would like to have more knowledge about approaching the issue should I finally feel that I can't waste anymore time on fixing this 50k machine. When you shell out this kind of money every month you don't want major problems. Please send me any info. Thanks so much

2004.5 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab Cummins Powered, Laramie, Tow Pkg., Snow Plow Pkg., 4.10 Rears.

2008 Ford F-250 Crew Cab Lariat, 6.4 Powerstroke, Snowplow Prep, Automatic 3.73 posi, 18 inch wheels, SOLD!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-02-2008, 03:36 AM

Not even giving them a chance to fix it?

2008 Red CCSB 6.4 Auto Lariat.
Stock 20's wrapped in 35x12.50R20 Toyo MT's, 3.73 gears, Nav, Backup Cam, Tailgate step, Upfitters, etc.
Mods: AFE Intake, Line-X, 20% Tint, Clear Bra, Husky Mats, Smoked Recon Mirror markers/3rd brake light, Bushwacker Pocket style flares w/ mud flaps + an aluminum Rapid Hitch (one of the best investments!)
Feel free to PM with any questions about any of my mods.

SRW Club #55
American Club #55

Last road trip-567 miles @ 20.7 mpg @ 67mpg average speed.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-02-2008, 04:20 AM Thread Starter
Now Cummins Powered
Threadstarter

Garage
Oh don't get me wrong bud I will definately give them a chance to fix it. Maybe even two or three chances. I've just heard that ford has bought back some of the trucks so I was wondering how to go about it if I feel that there is no fixing my truck at some point. Sorry dont want to sound negative I hope it can be fixed!

2004.5 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab Cummins Powered, Laramie, Tow Pkg., Snow Plow Pkg., 4.10 Rears.

2008 Ford F-250 Crew Cab Lariat, 6.4 Powerstroke, Snowplow Prep, Automatic 3.73 posi, 18 inch wheels, SOLD!!!!
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-02-2008, 12:07 PM
is here and there.

Thanked 1,110 Times in 665 Posts
make sure to get all your receipts that state the repairs done to it. Also be certain to track the number of days it is in the shop.

Life changes, so roll with it, not against it.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-02-2008, 01:12 PM

Hope you get it fixed the first time!! I wish you the best bro,that realy sucks when you buy a brand new truck and it is in the shop.Keep us up dated on the repairs,best of luck to you!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lonnie Ford
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-02-2008, 02:32 PM

Location: Freedom, Ohio is where home is but I'm currently in the dreaded southern Hemland Province, Afghanist
Garage
Get and keep all receipts and also the name of people you are dealing with!!!!

CALL FORDS CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!! This needs to be done ASAP! Tell them everything that is going on with the truck and update them as it goes along!

Trust me I know first hand! The stealership I took my truck to, to have the injectors replaced was not going to give me a rental car. I had already been in touch with ford and had a lady who was in charge of my problems. I called her while at the dealership and told her what was going on, she called the dealership while I was on the other line and told them to give me a truck off of their lot as a rental.

First and foremost! Keep your cool! Be polite and it will get you a lot farther than you think!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2010 Ford F150 XLT 5.4V8 Superchips, cold air intake, flowmaster dual exhaust
2008 Ford F350 Lariat Dually 22,000 miles Bad injectors, turbo's, and had a new DPF. traded in on the gasser.
2004 Ford F350 Lariat Dually 44,000 miles lemon EGR, two turbo's
Done with diesel's for now. Lost my @#$ on the two we had. 40 times in the shop between the both of them.
Michael Selander
Help the garage!
CAN YOU KEEP UP?
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-05-2008, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
Now Cummins Powered
Threadstarter

Garage
Truck has been in the shop since Feb,1 and counting. No official word from the service shop on what the probem is. Should know by tomorrow hopefully.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-05-2008, 03:41 PM
Thread Hijack Guru!

Did they give you a time estimate on the repairs?

My good friend has had two trucks bought back by Ford (both 6.0's). He said the key was, like everyone else has said, to document, document, document. He documented actual hours he was without it, not just days. Broke it down into travel time to and from the shop etc...

Good Luck.

If all else fails.
http://www.carlemon.com/

The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth, The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGHILLBILLY
Get and keep all receipts and also the name of people you are dealing with!!!!

CALL FORDS CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!! This needs to be done ASAP! Tell them everything that is going on with the truck and update them as it goes along!

Trust me I know first hand! The stealership I took my truck to, to have the injectors replaced was not going to give me a rental car. I had already been in touch with ford and had a lady who was in charge of my problems. I called her while at the dealership and told her what was going on, she called the dealership while I was on the other line and told them to give me a truck off of their lot as a rental.

First and foremost! Keep your cool! Be polite and it will get you a lot farther than you think!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Amen brother.....As hard as it may be, it really helps to have the service manager on your side. I found it really helped to place a tack in the bottom of my shoe and step on it every time I went in that helped distract me from the pain of listening to their excuses...but they did help out in the long run and communication with head office is key.....or you could try this :gun: :jk

I got $14K in repairs 5 weeks of rental charges and my truck payment for a month and a half covered in the end because the service manager pulled it all together....if not for him I would have gotten $35/day toward the rental and that would have been it.....:splat
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 10:28 AM
SeaPig

Garage
Good job WAS308.
I could not agree with you more.
These dealers have a certain "code" they have to go by when it comes to their customers. They are a lot like the insurence companies in that respect. They are going to try and keep as much as they can from the pay out, but in the end, (and of course you are in the right), they are going to have to go ahead and do the correct thing to not lose customers and not lose their *****.
Word of mouth is a powerful thing in the vehicle business.
~Mike~

[B]2008 F-450 Lariat 4x4 6.4L PSD LWB DRW 4:88's

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode