Coloring mods opinions.... - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Desert Dawg, this thread has received 24 replies and been viewed 1729 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-05-2008, 04:31 AM Thread Starter

Coloring mods opinions....

Okay, I am not a photoshop guy so going to ask for opinions. I have ordered an '08 Crew FX4 with the 6.4L PSD coming in, fully loaded. It will have the two-tone white over dark shadow gray and black leather seating with the medium stone contrasting interior. I am going to put a 2.5-inch leveling system on it with LT325/60R20/D (35.6 inch tall) BFG Mud KM2s on 20x8.5 Hot Wheels. I am also going to put on a Randy Ellis light bar with Titanium KC offroad lights. I am also adding a K40 Remote Radar/Diffuser system, TREX billet grille, Magnaflow SS 4-inch exhaust, AirRaid intake, Pace Edwards Jackrabbit rolling bed cover, AMP Research retractable side steps, and Pendaliner bed liner under the Pace Edwards cover.

Anyway, I was thinking of having the black KMC Hot Wheels and light bar powder coated to match the dark gray of the two-tone paint scheme (bumpers, grille, and flares/bottom side panels). I thought the titanium colored KCs would look good too.

White FX4 (missing lower dark shadow gray panels):

Aftermarket grille:

Light bar (powder coated to match dark shadow gray); wrong year truck but same look:

Hot Wheels (powder coated to match dark shadow gray):

I like white since I live in the high desert, but want some contrast so my ride doesn't look like another contractor's rig.

If you can imagine all this put together, do you think it would look pretty tight?

There are a lot of folks with great ideas in this forum, so I really appreciate the input!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-05-2008, 01:04 PM

I think that would be a killer ride, and i say that because i have the exact truck. A f250 fully loaded, white with dark shadow grey two tone. I was also thinking of adding a bull bar and having it powder coated, but as of yet have not. It's funny we have the same ideas, i would have liked to change the rims to a black or knight chrome but after up grading to the 20 inch rims which was a over 1800 dollar option i have a hard time doing it. As for the lift , i bought it to pull my camper so i don't know if a lift would be a good thing. So far all i have done has been to add a bug deflector, side window vent shades both paited white and smoked out all my lights. I put the Harley Davidson headlights in along with smoked cab, third brake and tail lights from recon. i'll try to post pics later today.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-05-2008, 01:31 PM

sounds like a plan. i too have the two tone and want to powdercoat some accessories dsg when i get the chance.

quick ? though - with all the money youre gonna throw at your truck, why not do a spray in bed liner instead of the pendaliner??
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-05-2008, 10:10 PM

I think it sounds like a pretty good idea. The white fx4s with the grey bottom are mighty sharp looking.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-05-2008, 10:59 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Miner
I think that would be a killer ride, and i say that because i have the exact truck. A f250 fully loaded, white with dark shadow grey two tone. I was also thinking of adding a bull bar and having it powder coated, but as of yet have not. It's funny we have the same ideas, i would have liked to change the rims to a black or knight chrome but after up grading to the 20 inch rims which was a over 1800 dollar option i have a hard time doing it. As for the lift , i bought it to pull my camper so i don't know if a lift would be a good thing. So far all i have done has been to add a bug deflector, side window vent shades both paited white and smoked out all my lights. I put the Harley Davidson headlights in along with smoked cab, third brake and tail lights from recon. i'll try to post pics later today.
That sounds pretty good too! Looking forward to seeing your pics. I know what you mean about paying for the upgraded tires and rims and therefore not wanting to go aftermarket. I know some folks here who can help me sell mine so hopefully I'll get most of that back.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-05-2008, 11:03 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by z71burb
sounds like a plan. i too have the two tone and want to powdercoat some accessories dsg when i get the chance.

quick ? though - with all the money youre gonna throw at your truck, why not do a spray in bed liner instead of the pendaliner??
Yeah, hope you don't mind but been admiring your truck for some time as I think it turned out pretty clean and sharp looking and have been using it for inspiration...lol. I really stressed trying to decide between the two-tone silver over gray and the white over gray.

I have used the spray-on liners for my past three trucks. I like the look (even did a color match on my King Ranch that turned out nice), and it sure holds its cargo, but I also find them somewhat of a hinderance when trying to slide stuff in and out. With the drop in, it is much easier to load and unload cargo. And being in New Mexico, moisture build up and rust are not an issue.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-05-2008, 11:06 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt05
I think it sounds like a pretty good idea. The white fx4s with the grey bottom are mighty sharp looking.
Thanks...I always liked the way the white on gray F150 FX4s looked (very clean and upscale looking in a way) so decided on same for my F250. But it was a real toss up with the silver on gray too as I really like the combo as well.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 12:04 AM

Can't seem to get the pics up loaded, they say the files are to big. I'm going to have to figure out how to shrink them down.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 02:44 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Do you have Microsoft Office Picture Manager or Paint on your system? Usually you can resize easily with those.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Dawg
Yeah, hope you don't mind but been admiring your truck for some time as I think it turned out pretty clean and sharp looking and have been using it for inspiration...lol. I really stressed trying to decide between the two-tone silver over gray and the white over gray.

I have used the spray-on liners for my past three trucks. I like the look (even did a color match on my King Ranch that turned out nice), and it sure holds its cargo, but I also find them somewhat of a hinderance when trying to slide stuff in and out. With the drop in, it is much easier to load and unload cargo. And being in New Mexico, moisture build up and rust are not an issue.

have you given thought to the bedrug??? or does your truck have the built in step in the tailgate?? mine does, so i went with the spray in, but im thinking of taking the tailgate apart, and buying the standard tailgates inner panel, getting it line-xed, thus getting rid of the handle.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode