Truck Is Out Of The Shop!!! - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by MRBOHN23, this thread has received 7 replies and been viewed 1142 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-07-2008, 08:40 PM Thread Starter
Now Cummins Powered

Garage
Truck Is Out Of The Shop!!!

Ok, here is what ended up happening with my 6.4 that I was hearing the tapping, knocking sound from. Went into the shop on friday Feb 1st, and the service team at my dealership isolated the noise at an idle, after the truck is warm. The noise was determined to be coming from the driver side of the block near the back cylinder 7 I believe I was told. The head service tech, removed the valve cover and visually checked the lifters, valves and the cam with no luck. Next he removed the oil pan to check the bottom half of the motor also with no findings. Ford and International Engineers were contacted and advised my technician to hold off just guessing and throwing parts at the motor until they can research the problem further to determine the EXACT cause of the problem! I was told that driving the truck with the noise will not cause any permanent damage to the motor and was advised to drive the truck until my service technician hears from International and Ford as what to fix on the motor. At this point I now have my truck back and will drive it until a fix is found. I was assured that Ford and International are now currently investigating the problem, which has been discovered in a large number of trucks. As soon as a fix is found, my truck will go back to the shop to be fixed with the parts needed to correct the problem. My dealership/service dept has been great and I really can't complain at all about how I have been treated. Just thought I would put this out for all to see because I know there are many with the same complaints. Good Luck to everybody

2004.5 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab Cummins Powered, Laramie, Tow Pkg., Snow Plow Pkg., 4.10 Rears.

2008 Ford F-250 Crew Cab Lariat, 6.4 Powerstroke, Snowplow Prep, Automatic 3.73 posi, 18 inch wheels, SOLD!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-07-2008, 11:41 PM

Thanks for the update. Sorry to hear about all that but hopefully Ford is right about not being a serious problem. At the prices they get, there shouldn't be any noises at all except for those twin turbos spooling up. Good luck!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-08-2008, 12:23 AM

I want to know if you hear any new creaks or noises since your cab was taken off and reinstalled?

Im a little weary of having my cab removed to work on the motor.....
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-08-2008, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snopro99
I want to know if you hear any new creaks or noises since your cab was taken off and reinstalled?

I'm a little weary of having my cab removed to work on the motor.....
Is this that common when working on this truck?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-08-2008, 12:58 AM
4cstr

Yep.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-08-2008, 04:49 AM

off topic but my cabs been off twice...no noise at all. any good tech will get off and on without a problem
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-09-2008, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08_F350_Dually
off topic but my cabs been off twice...no noise at all. any good tech will get off and on without a problem
I'm afraid to ask. Why has yours been off?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-10-2008, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snopro99

Im a little weary of having my cab removed to work on the motor.....
I have an 06 and the cab has been off of it twice. The small noise's that where their when new are gone now. Don't worry about it, they've got it down pat.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode