The Diesel Garage banner

aFe Torque Booster Tube

3K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  SAK 
#1 ·
Anyone have this or seen it yet? I ordered mine yesterday and should have it by the end of the week.

David

See less See more
#6 ·
I got it for 89 shipped to my door.

#7 ·
For about the same price as the AFE stg2 intake, you can get the S&B intake kit and it comes with a "torque booster tube". That would be 89 bucks saved.

#8 ·
I have the torque tube installed w/stage II now for almost a month. Has reduced some of the turbo lag, and you can now actually hear the turbo some now. Especially everytime the truck shifts. I installed mine the same time I did the intake so I can't help ya on if it made an improvement over just the stage II. Truck is definatley alittle more peppy over stock.

-Funkster-

#9 ·
Forgot to mention something though. I have a job 1 (not sure if that made a difference), and the instructions never mention this, but I had to cut the "ring" off the end of the breather tube before I could insert it into the new torque tube. From the instructions that come with it, the breather tube in the pic is different than mine. So I'm assuming Ford has changed them since job 1 trucks.

-Funkster-

#10 ·
Funkster said:
Forgot to mention something though. I have a job 1 (not sure if that made a difference), and the instructions never mention this, but I had to cut the "ring" off the end of the breather tube before I could insert it into the new torque tube. From the instructions that come with it, the breather tube in the pic is different than mine. So I'm assuming Ford has changed them since job 1 trucks.

-Funkster-
Weird, I will look at my buddies job 1 truck to see if there is a difference between mine and his

#11 ·
Just got mine installed. To tell you the truth I think i just threw 90 bucks in the trash. Its not bigger than the stock one and I see no benefit from it. The CCV elbow was not "easily" removable from the stock tube. Luckily I still had the one from my 05 from when I did the CCV reroute.

#12 ·
SAK said:
Just got mine installed. To tell you the truth I think i just threw 90 bucks in the trash. Its not bigger than the stock one and I see no benefit from it. The CCV elbow was not "easily" removable from the stock tube. Luckily I still had the one from my 05 from when I did the CCV reroute.
The modding virus is a bad one to have. There's no cure for it. ;)

#13 ·
SAK said:

Bahahahahah.......I figured that.

In the world of aftermarket parts it is very much buyer beware.
Just because these companys make claims with some full page ad in a diesel rag or on some web site does not make it true.

Fortunetly for you it only cost you 90 bucks to learn this lesson.

Next time "don't take the cheese".:watchout

#14 ·
Another case of improper R&D if you ask me....Wouldnt you think that they would have found that intake problem while developing the filter setup? My buddy bought an AFE intake for his truck 6 months ago. I cant believe that they would let all these guys buy intakes and then 6 months later put a product out that SHOULD have came with the filter/intake system, even though you may see no improvements. JMO, sorry for the rant. Sorry you got had SAK....:shrug:

#15 ·
It is BS that they let it go. What would it cost to include the elbow??? 2 bucks??? Or hell mold it into the pipe. I'm over the fact that it doesn't look like it does much, it might, it might not. but oh well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.