very IMPRESSIVE horsepower numbers... finally - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by imported_Hanging_Heels, this thread has received 45 replies and been viewed 4535 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 10:17 PM Thread Starter

very IMPRESSIVE horsepower numbers... finally

Check out this bulletin from another site i am apart of. I dont know about you guys but i am very much impressed with these numbers. Matt said it best from spartan diesel in his bulletin "no words needed to say" just look at the chart. HUGE thanks to the guys at spartan diesel. This is the exact reason why i wanted to wait to buy a tuner because i knew these trucks had more potential hp then sct, superchips, etc. were putting out.... I will be looking into this as soon as it is released. They said in about 30 days it will be available... so we will see. I know a couple of you guys will appreciate this just as much as i do... ENJOY.

p.s. not to mention... these numbers were put out with stock injectors, stock turbo, and stock tranny...

p.s.s. i just saw this was also posted in our tuner forum, sorry guys i was just excited...

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/70...o-numbers.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 10:44 PM

very nice numbers but they are just that... numbers. My car's numbers change as much as 150hp per dyno's...

Also if the drive train will not hold up then whats the big deal about talking numbers? On the other hand if that 8XXlbtq will not kill the trans or anyother parts then yea... that bad ***.
post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-21-2008, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KERR
very nice numbers but they are just that... numbers. My car's numbers change as much as 150hp per dyno's...

Also if the drive train will not hold up then whats the big deal about talking numbers? On the other hand if that 8XXlbtq will not kill the trans or anyother parts then yea... that bad ***.
You are correct, they are just numbers. They are also a representation of a large step in performance for the Ford world verified by a reputable dyno shop (WNC Speed and Performance in Fletcher, NC).

So far the truck has proven very reliable. It has been tuned for over 7000 miles now and this newest tune hasn't caused the first hiccup yet. I can't guarantee any parts to live or die as only time will tell, but I will be more than happy to test and see what actually does fail (if anything). Right now it is all on stock components with the exception of a straight pipe and recalibration.
post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-21-2008, 04:12 AM
TDG #97

DAMNNNNNNNNNN..... You and Innovative will be putting your systems out around the same time.... This should be a good month coming up!!!!!!!!!

MAFIA #97
RIDIN' HIGH #28
RIDIN' DIRTY #40
SINGLES CLUB #203
B.O.M.B. SQUAD #67

post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-21-2008, 10:48 AM

A Ford pulling 490/850 with just tuning?!? Congrats! No issues whatsoever?

Did you have to build your tranny to handle that power? If so, what all did you have to do?
post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-21-2008, 11:03 AM
SeaPig

Garage
I am with the "THEBAC" here. (as with most everywhere )
What is going with the trans and rear end?
Do you WANT major HP at the sacrifice of other components? Just seems a little bit silly to me JMO
~Mike~

[B]2008 F-450 Lariat 4x4 6.4L PSD LWB DRW 4:88's
post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-21-2008, 11:19 AM
Destroked

Oh yeah....Oh yeah....:Thumbup:

'04.5 Chevy 2500HD LLY,Alli, CC, SB, 4x4, Sleeved, Braced, FASS, 4" SS Silverline exh, EGR Blocker, all thanks to MA, EFI Live tuning by me with Edge CTS switching DSP5 tunes, 68mm Danville turbo, ARP Studs with "C" gaskets, Transgo Jr., 20x9 Diamo Karat 8's wrapped in Terra Grapplers, Superlift AAL in rear, Ride Rite Air Bags, some stainless........yeah it shines.

2002 VW Jetta GLS TDI, auto, 18x8 ASA AR3 wheels with Goodyear Eagle GT's
post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-21-2008, 01:31 PM

Id say the rear end will hold up,

What i would be worred about is the new trubos, If they modified the boost, and the trans... Ford, dodge chevy all have issues with as much torque as these trucks make.

Dont get me wrong i love more power, everthing i have is modified. I been to the point of blowing transmissions and turbos, and spliting blocks. For some its still fun.. I just have a hard time blowing $50K on a truck then modifying it until parts fail.

By all mean's if it lives with out problems then yea that's awsome. Id like to see a few videos. of it, i bt 85X lbtq does a nice smoke show
post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-21-2008, 01:54 PM

I hope it works out for everyone. But I'm betting with those kind of #s the stock tranny will eventually fail.
post #10 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-21-2008, 02:56 PM

Garage
Well considering I dont know of ANY stock trans that can hold that kind of power for very long. The point is not about the trans...WHO FRICKIN CARES. The point is this engine has just put down some serious numbers and from the sounds of it has serious potential. The trans is a minor detail and can easily be built....its still a torqshift many have been built to make serious power and hold.

This is big news and I tip my hat to Spartan diesel...I cant wait to see what the future holds for this truck. Seeing things like this makes me truly feel that the new 6.4L may be the engine to chase for power.

06 F250 6.0L ID tuning. RCD EGR delete 03 turbo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode