Ordered new 08. Did I miss Anything? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by cattech05, this thread has received 6 replies and been viewed 688 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 12:42 AM Thread Starter

Ordered new 08. Did I miss Anything?

OK. Finally ordered my Green 2008 F-350 SRW Crew Cab Long bed Lariat. I put 3.73 limit slip rear end, power rear sliding window, off road package, 40/20/40 bench, Nav. System, tow command system, upfitter switches, heavy duty alternator, tailgate step, chrome tube steps, power telescoping mirrors and All terrian tires on 18's. Not a big fan of the moonroof. Can anyone think of anything that I missed? Also for all of you that have the supplemental heater, do you like it? How do all of you like your 08's? If anyone can think of anything that I missed please let me know.

Thanks again

P.S. If anyone has a Green 08 could you post a pic? I haven't seen but one out there. They tried locating me one and the only one around was an XLT plain jane.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 01:28 AM

Do not waste your money on the supplemental heater. I am not too impressed with it. Also, you will be sorry if you dont get the 20 inch wheels. I know they are a little salty, but you WILL NOT regret the ride you get from them. Good luck.

Kevin

2008 F-350 Crew Cab Short Bed 6.4 rollin on 20's
2007 Chevy Tahoe loaded up and rollin on 20's--wife's vehicle--
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 01:31 AM

If you have kids the dvd system is nice to have for those long trips. Reverse camera system is also nice if you hook up to trailers often. Depending on your taste the cab clearance lights look good, you can change them to smoked along with your side mirror lights for an added touch. I also ordered the reverse sensing system,audio am/fm with sirius radio, driver memory, heated seats, stabilzer package and 20" wheels. I went for the moulded paltform cab steps instead of the tubular bars because on my last truck i stone chipped the **** out of it driving down gravel roads. I live in the far north and i found that the cab heater work just fine considering the temps i see in the mornings. YOUR GOING TO LOVE YOUR TRUCK, ENJOY! The only thing so far that i don't like is the amount of snow that gets in your air box when driving in deep snow. It actually freezes up your air box.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattech05
OK. Finally ordered my Green 2008 F-350 SRW Crew Cab Long bed Lariat. I put 3.73 limit slip rear end, power rear sliding window, off road package, 40/20/40 bench, Nav. System, tow command system, upfitter switches, heavy duty alternator, tailgate step, chrome tube steps, power telescoping mirrors and All terrian tires on 18's. Not a big fan of the moonroof. Can anyone think of anything that I missed? Also for all of you that have the supplemental heater, do you like it? How do all of you like your 08's? If anyone can think of anything that I missed please let me know.

Thanks again

P.S. If anyone has a Green 08 could you post a pic? I haven't seen but one out there. They tried locating me one and the only one around was an XLT plain jane.
Congrats on ordering the new rig!

The only additional options to the ones you already have that I ordered include the captain's chairs, heated seats, driver memory package, power adjustable pedals, traction control, 20-inch chrome wheels, reverse sensors, backup camera, electronic shift on the fly, and stowable bed extender. I did get the moonroof too because I actually enjoy open air driving at night. I didn't opt for the steps because I knew I was going to put on the AMP Research retractable ones, and I had to order the 20-inch wheels in order to get the 3.73 gears even though I am replacing those as well with an aftermarket wheel/tire package (20-inch wheels with 35 inch KM2s). I also ordered other aftermarket accessories through the dealer such as a retractable bed cover, billet grille, 2.5-inch leveling system, light bar and offroad lights connected to the upfitter panel, bedliner, and a few other things.

Still, you got a nicely outfitted truck and I'm sure you'll enjoy. Now for the wait until it gets here!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 12:12 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Truck has a VIN #

Thanks for all of you input guys. I got the 18's with 3.73 limited slip. I wonder why you had to get the 20's? Ordered the truck a week ago stop in the dealership for some parts and they told me that the factory has already pulled the order and my truck has a VIN # now. No all I have to do is wate. I can't wait. Thanks again
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattech05
Thanks for all of you input guys. I got the 18's with 3.73 limited slip. I wonder why you had to get the 20's? Ordered the truck a week ago stop in the dealership for some parts and they told me that the factory has already pulled the order and my truck has a VIN # now. No all I have to do is wate. I can't wait. Thanks again
Same here...just got the call today that I have a VIN number. Maybe our trucks are on the same line....lol.

Can't wait to get it.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 01:34 PM
'05 F350 CC Lariat

Supplemental heater is great. Love it!
These 6.4's take a long time to warm up. W/ supp-heater; I get warm air (not hot) blowing in about 1 minute. I highly recommend it.

'08 F350 SD Lariat CC LB 4X4 6.4,
Pioneer speakers, 20% tint, Bedrug, Recon mirror lights, 2" Leveling Kit

https://www.thedieselgarage.com/forum...6&d=1192285018

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode