Snow Performance new kit increases MPGs ?? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by onebadf150, this thread has received 7 replies and been viewed 936 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 10:56 PM Thread Starter
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #85

Snow Performance new kit increases MPGs ??

I found this searching around ?

Diesel Stage 3 MPG-MAX Boost Cooler

New from Snow Performance is the only system proven to increase fuel economy in all load states – empty or while towing. Special mapping and the most sophisticated 2d digital controller available result in 1-3 MPG increases! The MPG-MAX™ system does not require a sustained high load state in order to provide maximum fuel economy gains. The MPG-MAX™ system uses a new injection management controller that allows for a small, steady spray of water/methanol to be injected across the entire power curve – even while in cruise. This provides an increase in combustion efficiency which provides more power without injecting more diesel fuel. This increase in efficiency translates into an increase in fuel economy. Typical fuel economy increases are 10%-15% or 1-3 MPG.

The MPG-MAX™ system has a secondary output that is used to activate a Power Mode. The more sophisticated microprocessor introduces a independently mapped second stage of injection. Larger nozzles are used to inject more fluid to make more power. The Power Mode activation point is adjustable for best performance. The net effect is smooth power in all engine load states with no combustion quench resulting in a true turn-on-and-forget system.

It also now has a brighter LCD screen that displays boost, EGTs, and injection pump output. This means a savings of $200-$300 in gauges you don’t have to buy.

• Will not adversely affect particulate matter filter like most other power adders
• Doesn’t leave a “signature” on vehicles computer so warranty isn’t jeopardized
• Comes complete with large 7 gal. reservoir for a truly complete system
• The most advanced system on the market – true 2d mapping and 2 nozzles controlled independently for smooth power – always
• The only system proven to improve fuel economy
• Provides better fuel economy (1-3 MPG), more power (70-100 HP), and lower EGTs (200°-300° F)
• Dash mounted module – displays real time – no need for gauges

what's yall thoughts ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 03:02 PM

I don't know much about water meth but I'd like to know more about it and what it can/can't do to your truck.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-02-2008, 04:00 AM

That sounds really good...almost too good to be true (i.e., doesn't leave any signature but you can get that much performance gain and mileage)?

Cool!
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-02-2008, 08:29 AM

It wont leave a signature in the computer but you will have to drill holes to put the nozzles in somewhere.
If you take it into service you will have to remove them and plug the holes. How are you going to explain the plugs?
These guys arent stupid, most have probably heard of these systems or even used them.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-02-2008, 12:44 PM

Now, I'm no Einstein here, but please stop me when I am wrong. Methanol is a burnable fuel. You are injecting it with the diesel. So, if you are looking at your diesel fuel mileage, of course the mileage is going to go up. The water has a major effect on the EGTs as it is effectively quenching the heat from the combustion as the water is converted to steam. You can get the same sort of effect by simply injecting water directly into the intake.

Ok, there might be a slight gain from the new fuel map. I can give them that. But, I think the whole mileage thing is being overstated. As for the power gains, those are pretty much what the other chips out there are claiming.

So, the benefit of this system is as it relates to other programmers out there?

Chris "Thermo" Coleman and Nukie, the radioactive 97 X (getting my diesel truck soon)

P.S. I'm no Einstein, but I do work inside of a submarine nuclear power plant and have a vast understanding of system interaction on numerous levels.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 03:38 PM

How would it effect the regen ?

03' F350-DRW, SB
SCT TUNES BY DOUG, MBRP, INTAKE
174, 940 mi.11/16/11
bcbsupply.com
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #85
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 350ford
How would it effect the regen ?
i don't think it would affect the regen if anything maybe lessen the frequency .
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 06:33 PM

If it made it burn cooler wouldn't it regen more?

2008 Red CCSB 6.4 Auto Lariat.
Stock 20's wrapped in 35x12.50R20 Toyo MT's, 3.73 gears, Nav, Backup Cam, Tailgate step, Upfitters, etc.
Mods: AFE Intake, Line-X, 20% Tint, Clear Bra, Husky Mats, Smoked Recon Mirror markers/3rd brake light, Bushwacker Pocket style flares w/ mud flaps + an aluminum Rapid Hitch (one of the best investments!)
Feel free to PM with any questions about any of my mods.

SRW Club #55
American Club #55

Last road trip-567 miles @ 20.7 mpg @ 67mpg average speed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode