F-350 4by4 Crew dually 4:30 - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by ShauneSieben, this thread has received 8 replies and been viewed 1052 times.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-24-2009, 01:14 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: StonyPlain, Alberta
Posts: 98
Points: 5,289
Thanks: 6
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
F-350 4by4 Crew dually 4:30

Good day guys, I have been surfing this fourum, as I have recently upgraded from a 07 crew srw f-350 to a 2008 f-350 6.4 crew longbox dually with 4:30 gearing. Bought used for wicked deal with 22,000kms on her lease return from Texas brought up here by a reputable used dealership. Mint condition never pulled or off highway. Now in the winter i use my truck just to travel to work ( no pulling ) in the summer i pull fairly heavy 34 foot fifthwheel travel trailer and also i do construction and have a dump trailer with a bobcat. ( Gets pretty heavy with 6 tonne of gravel on the dumper ) I am wanting to set up this truck for both reasons, MPG while traveling empty and also for more grunt while pulling. After reading many of the treads here looks like the spartan tunner with S&B intake and dfp delete pipe?? I already have the s&b and a dfp-r delete kit ( Iknow the DFP-R sucks now after reading ) I have been in touch with Bob at dirty diesel via email and he says that i can use what i got and add a spartan tuner with the 275 tune. I have seen that there a few guys here with the same truck and the same sort of set up, how do you like it?? What are some mpg numbers empty and pulling. I want to be sure about this as it is 2k again going into the truck. I tried the diablesport tuner and it sucks, stock runs better mpg and power on either setting. I want smooth stock like powerband, but stronger of course and even a couple mpgs would be nice. Current mpgs are 15-16 @ 110km/hr and 16-17 at 100km/hr. Have not yet pulled with her as i got it only a few months ago, put plan a trip to the mountains next month with a trailer... hearing stories of 5-6 mpg pulling does not really excite me.... Thanks everyone, it is nice to have some insight before spending money and regreting it!
Shaune.
ShauneSieben is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-24-2009, 03:44 AM
Spartan, True Performance
 
mick1955's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Posts: 411
Points: 35,176
Thanks: 9
Thanked 80 Times in 65 Posts
Well, guess the only difference is that I have the 4.10 rear-end. You are already getting better economy than I am. I have 16000 miles on mine, and am running synthetic oil. All of my driving is stop and go, approximately 25 miles to work. Best I can get is 13.7 running 60 mph. Haven't had it on the highway in a long time. Towing approximately 13,500 8.6 mpg running around 2000 rpm. Towing 21,000 at 2000 rpm 5.7 mpg. Before I tuned it I got 5.5 towing 13,500. Best I've seen on the highway is 15.7, but that was when it only had a few thousand miles on it.

08 F350, King Ranch, Dually, CC, LB, White/Gold, 4x4, 4.10, Auto, Spartan Phalanx Flash Console, AFE Stage II Air Intake PG-7 w/Torque Tube, Code Alarm, & Console Vault

08 F350 King Ranch, SRW, CC, LB, White/Gold, 4x2, 3.73, Auto, Spartan Phalanx Flash Console, AFE Stage II Air Intake PG-7 w/Torque Tube, Code Alarm, & Console Vault

USAF Retired - Support our Troops

DD Help File
http://spartandieseltech.com/index.p...5-tech-support
mick1955 is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-24-2009, 03:49 AM
Dually Club #3
 
jdydiesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pleasant Valley Ca.
Posts: 2,674
Points: 79,948
Thanks: 262
Thanked 139 Times in 120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mick1955 View Post
Well, guess the only difference is that I have the 4.10 rear-end. You are already getting better economy than I am. I have 16000 miles on mine, and am running synthetic oil. All of my driving is stop and go, approximately 25 miles to work. Best I can get is 13.7 running 60 mph. Haven't had it on the highway in a long time. Towing approximately 13,500 8.6 mpg running around 2000 rpm. Towing 21,000 at 2000 rpm 5.7 mpg. Before I tuned it I got 5.5 towing 13,500. Best I've seen on the highway is 15.7, but that was when it only had a few thousand miles on it.

If oyu notice his numbers are in KPH and KPG. So I would bet that his numbers are real close to yours. I not good at math so I won't even attempt.

Jason




06 F-350 4x4 CC LB Tow Boss Lariat 6.0l auto. Banks PowerPDA, Banks SpeedBrake, FICM Atlas 40 Tune, ARP Studs, PowerMax GT3788VA turbo, Homemade coolant filter, EGR valve delete spool, Monster Exhaust, K&N Cold air intake,Mishimoto Radiator,Husky mudflaps, Line-X bed liner, Recon lights, TUNED BY Innovative.
72 F-250 Gasser.FOR SALE
jdydiesel is offline  
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-24-2009, 04:53 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: StonyPlain, Alberta
Posts: 98
Points: 5,289
Thanks: 6
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Us friginn Canadains.... HaHa. That is correct. Would be 16-17 us mpg at 62mph and 15-16 us mpg at 68mph.... This is hand calculated, but keep in mind it was on flat highway with minimal winds.... hardly ever happens in reality. You think that is reasonable? Will I gain anything with the spartan?
Thanks for the input it is appreciated.
ShauneSieben is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-30-2009, 12:23 PM
Junior Member
 
sacu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 49
Points: 20,331
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
I haven't seen anything over 13 mpg empty with mine in stock form and haven't towed any real distance just short trips. The spartan has been ordered and I'm hoping to pick up alittle on the commute back and forth to work. I should see something being as my 35 minute commute puts me right in the "sweet spot" running mostly 45-60 mph. I just want the trucks "slugginess" to go away between 20-45 mph.

08 Ford F350 TowBoss
Spartan Tuned
sacu is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 11:36 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 124
Points: 24,203
Thanks: 19
Thanked 19 Times in 10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacu View Post
I haven't seen anything over 13 mpg empty with mine in stock form and haven't towed any real distance just short trips. The spartan has been ordered and I'm hoping to pick up alittle on the commute back and forth to work. I should see something being as my 35 minute commute puts me right in the "sweet spot" running mostly 45-60 mph. I just want the trucks "slugginess" to go away between 20-45 mph.
You WILL be very satisfied. Truck performance is night-and-day difference.

2008 F450 - Pearl Blue with Tan - 4.30 (Job 3)
Spartan 310hp w/TCM, Airaid Drop In Filter, 5" MBRP w/ 6" Tip, 2" level kit, Firestone Air bags in the rear, Bilstein's all around
2010 Open Range 429bhs 5th
http://good-times.webshots.com/album/565591458baIstp
Black06 is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 06:06 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: StonyPlain, Alberta
Posts: 98
Points: 5,289
Thanks: 6
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Un F*%&$ing Beleiveble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Installed the 210 tune, which came WAY faster than I expected, went for a drive, truck runs cooler and smoother than stock, not to mention a s*&%t load more powerfull!!! I re-set the lieometer I know not the way to do it, but i only went for a quick drive... The best it has ever said on this same trip with a few hills and about 15miles at 60mph was 15mpg.... This time... 18.5 wow if that is a sign of things to come...... WOW. The only thing that pisses me off in all of this just with tuning we can experience these type of gains..... WHY would ford not do this from the factory...... I realize the epa laws and regulations, but i am sure they could do better even with the dpf in place. Oh well, I can see that it won't take long to pay off the tunes and tuner at that rate, and also ....... WOW!!!!
Thank you everyone for all your input nice to see that a person can still trust some peoples opinion today
Thanks again!! I will keep updating, and reading!
ShauneSieben is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 07:41 PM
Diesel Kid
 
Super08Duty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: College Station, TX
Posts: 4,580
Points: 45,493
Thanks: 384
Thanked 273 Times in 247 Posts
Haha, Told you youd love it. The power is amazing with the 210, and i still dont even have the 275 tune.

Colton

2008 F-250 PSD 4X4 XLT
Spartan-MBRP-Elite-AFE-KEM

542hp 1060trq 9/18/10
Super08Duty is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 08:00 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 124
Points: 24,203
Thanks: 19
Thanked 19 Times in 10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShauneSieben View Post
Un F*%&$ing Beleiveble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Installed the 210 tune, which came WAY faster than I expected, went for a drive, truck runs cooler and smoother than stock, not to mention a s*&%t load more powerfull!!! I re-set the lieometer I know not the way to do it, but i only went for a quick drive... The best it has ever said on this same trip with a few hills and about 15miles at 60mph was 15mpg.... This time... 18.5 wow if that is a sign of things to come...... WOW. The only thing that pisses me off in all of this just with tuning we can experience these type of gains..... WHY would ford not do this from the factory...... I realize the epa laws and regulations, but i am sure they could do better even with the dpf in place. Oh well, I can see that it won't take long to pay off the tunes and tuner at that rate, and also ....... WOW!!!!
Thank you everyone for all your input nice to see that a person can still trust some peoples opinion today
Thanks again!! I will keep updating, and reading!
That's good news ! Glad to hear that it worked out well for you.

2008 F450 - Pearl Blue with Tan - 4.30 (Job 3)
Spartan 310hp w/TCM, Airaid Drop In Filter, 5" MBRP w/ 6" Tip, 2" level kit, Firestone Air bags in the rear, Bilstein's all around
2010 Open Range 429bhs 5th
http://good-times.webshots.com/album/565591458baIstp
Black06 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1991 F-350 Crew Cab Dually Conversion Dieselwrencher Diesel Conversion 15 12-24-2008 09:04 PM
2008 Ford F350 crew cab dually showtime Whats Been Sold 11 05-04-2008 05:36 PM
2002 Ford F-350 PSD dually crew cab Foxx Whats Been Sold 0 02-06-2008 12:57 AM
F350 crew cab dually F350 Whats Been Sold 3 08-25-2007 07:37 AM
2000 F350 Crew Cab Dually Puller House Whats Been Sold 8 04-28-2007 09:00 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome