What's the Problem?? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by nate850, this thread has received 4 replies and been viewed 854 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 05:36 PM Thread Starter

What's the Problem??

So I have a Job 1 08 6.4 with 42,000 miles bought in 9/07. A few weeks ago I received radiator number 3 from the dealership. Took it in with some minor coolant loss and the tech just gave me a look like oh great. They seem to be having a problem with this. They told me since I bring it there all the time and they damaged my hood once they felt bad and that this one was on them. I would have fought it if they had tried to bill me anyways considering I am averaging about 15,000 miles per radiator. I've done all the recalls right away, no mods whatsover. I've only hauled twice and we're talking very light loads that an F-150 could pull and no more than a total of 300 miles towing ever. All this truck sees is highway miles on flat coastline. Could this be related to the Head Gaskets, studs or what? I don't want to get caught holding the bag down the road. This is also making me hold off on buying a Spartan for fear of warranty refusal. Also, my tailpipe is sooty and they keep saying there is nothing wrong with my DPF. Any ideas, suggestions?

In their defese, since this radiator install (2000 miles) I've had no coolant loss.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate850 View Post
So I have a Job 1 08 6.4 with 42,000 miles bought in 9/07. A few weeks ago I received radiator number 3 from the dealership. Took it in with some minor coolant loss and the tech just gave me a look like oh great. They seem to be having a problem with this. They told me since I bring it there all the time and they damaged my hood once they felt bad and that this one was on them. I would have fought it if they had tried to bill me anyways considering I am averaging about 15,000 miles per radiator. I've done all the recalls right away, no mods whatsover. I've only hauled twice and we're talking very light loads that an F-150 could pull and no more than a total of 300 miles towing ever. All this truck sees is highway miles on flat coastline. Could this be related to the Head Gaskets, studs or what? I don't want to get caught holding the bag down the road. This is also making me hold off on buying a Spartan for fear of warranty refusal. Also, my tailpipe is sooty and they keep saying there is nothing wrong with my DPF. Any ideas, suggestions?

In their defese, since this radiator install (2000 miles) I've had no coolant loss.
Are you sure that the venturi T was installed. The dealer I first went to with my first rad said that they did it. I got tired of their attitudes, higher prices, and lack of knowledge. When I took it to my dealer now, they said it was never done, even though it was in the OASIS report that the other dealer did do it. Black tailpipe is normal so I am told. Especially with 42k on her now. If you had 2k and the pipe was black, I would say cracked DPF. Good luck man
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 04:46 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

thanks man. Does anyone have any pics of the Venturi, or is there something to look for to see if it's installed? thanks.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate850 View Post
thanks man. Does anyone have any pics of the Venturi, or is there something to look for to see if it's installed? thanks.
Try this link to the ORG. Look at the pic, and then compare to yours

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-4...venturi-t.html
The Following User Says Thank You to Greenhorn Diesel For this addition to TDG:
nate850 (04-14-2009)
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 05:44 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Thanks

Well, it's there, that's a relief!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode