F350 Downshift problem auto trans - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by wi.threebars, this thread has received 0 replies and been viewed 952 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 10:41 PM Thread Starter

F350 Downshift problem auto trans

When I am pulling a trailer af 10,000 lbs in tow mode, I am experiencing a downshift problem. When on interstate coming into a off ramp, the drive train shudders like it just shifted though 2 gears. This is with the automatic trans. I can best explain it like being in 5 gears with standard trans, down shifting into 3rd and popping the clutch. It feels like the drive shaft is trying to torque off or bust some u joints. It only does this when pulling a load, and not all the time. I have about 10K+ miles on the truck. Have pulled trailer on two 2K trips and one 600 mile. Only does it when I touch the brake, only intermittently. I talked to the dealer when had 2-3K miles, got a blank look. Just got back from another trip, called the dealer, again no clue. Anyone have this experience and a fix so I can get back to the dealer. When accelerating there is not problem.

I am very happy with the truck. It is a crew cab, long box, doing everything I expected except for the above. I had a 2002 Ford 7.3, never experienced this down shifting issue pulling the same trailer.

Any HELP out there

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode