The Diesel Garage banner

Diesel Smoke and Spartan

5K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  08stroker250 
#1 ·
Hey everyone- Just hoping to get some answers on a diesel questions as I am new to the diesel world. I just bought an 09 F250 Crew Cab 6.4 and have not owned a diesel in 10+ years. Bought the Ford because of the synch sytem, engine, and the fact Ford hasn't taken any bailout money.

My question are as follows:

Looking at putting a Spartan tuner in my truck. I will read all the posts as to the pro's and con's but I am most curious about the amount of black smoke it will throw after install and the dpf delete. I don't mind being a jackass as far as driving fast or having a loud truck (also have a hd fatboy I run with straight pipes) but I don't really want to smoke people out at every stoplight I decide to get after it.(Tire smoke is ok:peelout)

Any insight from you guys would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Chip

#2 ·
If you nail the throttle at every stop sign or light your going to leave some smoke. If you stay in it you will leave a black cloud. If you power brake at the intersection it will be shut down for awhile until the smoke clears. I ease into the throttle with the 310 and do not leave smoke and evevryone is happy including my tires.

#3 ·
smoke with the 210 tunes and under are little higher then stock with the DPF removed. With the 250 and up. Smoke is managable with the right foot. the 275 WILL black out an intersection if you happen to line up to a ricer with a thumping stereo and the guy figures everyone should listen to his music too.

#7 ·
The 210 will be the perfect tune, Most safeties are in tact, goes great and its impossible to smoke anyone out with it.... unless you touch the brakes at a light then its just tire smoke

#8 ·
While I can give you a 210 review about smoke...

During everyday driving after your warmed up you almost won't see any smoke. Now over the past week or so I have been hauling stuff around and I had a couple thousand pounds in my bed and she would let some black smoke out... a dark haze through each gear (not blinding).

-Josh

#11 ·
The 210 and under tunes will not smoke much. I can hammer it with the 250 tune and it will smoke immediately then clear. With the 275 tune it will smoke a good bit, and clear up a little slower than the 250. The 310 tune will smoke hard if you get on it hard. It will black out the cars behind you and the lane beside you if there is one. It will clear up, but you will be over most city speed limits before it does lol. Hope this helps. I have been streeting the 250 tune for this reason because I can control the smoke in the city.

#13 ·

those are some of my videos that are on youtube i was running the 275 in those 2 videos

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.