performance injectors for 300D Benz - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by 6.2smoke'r, this thread has received 3 replies and been viewed 5742 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-30-2010, 12:35 AM Thread Starter

performance injectors for 300D Benz

ok, im new to the benz world but not to diesels ( im a cummins nut ) but im having a hard time finding out who i can buy a set of performance injectors for my new project car ( 1985 300D Turbo ) im going to be running SVO all the time on a single tank setup , any recomendations for my application ??? please help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-30-2010, 12:55 AM

Garage
Send a message via AIM to BarnhardMarine
300 D

Their are no performance injectors for this car. You can have the fuel turned up on the injection pump and increase the turbo boost by adjusting the waste gate spring.. Make sure the electric boost dump valve on the fire wall is working. Adjusting the boost can be tricky. A field service rep from MTU in Germany showed me how to do it. You can start by adjusting the compensator on top of the pump
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-30-2010, 01:52 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

thanks, thats what i figure...im pretty adapt at turning up injection pumps...my cummins is tweaked beyond belief.... what pump is on these old mercedes.. i just bought the car and havent picked it up yet...if its the Lucas CAV like most diesels of that year and make then i know just what to do

any other mods i can do, besides straight pipe, BHAF , wastegate blow off pressure, and injection pump mods

do they sell bigger delivery valves ?
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-13-2010, 01:13 PM
TDG Member Since 2004?

Garage
Most of the stuff for these cars is custom but there's a few places to get parts out there. Your car has a Bosch "MW" pump. There's a guy in Germany that I've had very good dealings with who custom fabricates 6.5mm elements for them, code named "Holly".

These would be good for over 200HP, I think.

You can also fit a VGT for better response and more boost.

As far as delivery valves, I have a set of cut valves (ala Cummins) for my "M" pump but I haven't installed them yet because I hear they don't work as nicely as they do on the Cummins. (Too much smoke, poor idle).

As stated above, there are no performance injectors because the stock injectors will support plenty of extra power with the right elements.

-Evan

2000 Ford F250, Merillion, 6sp, AIC, DPTuner, BB turbo, Adreneline pump, modified IDM.

1998 Mercedes E300, Custom injector nozzles, soon to have Eaton M90 supercharger, 7.5mm pump elements, Holset HX40 turbo and a full custom intake and exhaust system = 400HP from 3.0l

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode