Open air filter wanter for 82 Mercedes - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by imported_BigGreen, this thread has received 6 replies and been viewed 1158 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 05:19 PM Thread Starter

Cool Open air filter wanter for 82 Mercedes

Ok. So the wifey was complaining that I don't do any modding to her car. It's an 82 Mercedes 300TDT (Turbo Diesel Wagon). So I am looking to put together an open air filter kit for it. I've been told that I can run a turbo hose from a 240D w/ a K&N filter. I guess that'll work for some, but I want a paper filter. THe K&N was model # RU1000. Does anyone know where I can cross referance this number to other brands?

Thanks
BG
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-24-2005, 05:57 PM

I haven't found anything yet for the older Mercede's Diesel's. I have a 300SD Mercedes(Inline 5 turbo diesel) and just use stock replacements.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-28-2005, 09:48 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Yeah, i've noticed that there's not much choice in the form of aftermarket upgrades for any of the older generation mercedes crowd. I may have to just fab up something myself since not much is offered in a kit.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 04:37 AM

Alright guys here is what i have found for my '82 mercedes 300d, this first site is a guy that does mainly intakes whichi will be getting sometime soon. He also has a propane system and a methanol system in the works and may be done with them by now. http://www.wadeperformanceproducts.com/index.html

The second on is a forum just like this for mercedes. There is a lot of good info on it.
http://www.mercedesshop.com/

i will keep yall up dated on my car, which by the way i just got to drive for the first time this week. I bought it last week from my uncle for a dollar. It needed a new glow plug relay so i bought one off ebay and have been waiting on it till today. Also had to put a new battery in her after sitting for all winter. Started right up with a little help from some starting fluid but is doing great now. :Thumbup:
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-08-2005, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Thanks for the info DieselGoose. I have never seen the site w/ the filter kits before.

I'm already a member at Mercedesshop.com. Have been for around 2 or 3 years. Lots and lots of great information. As a matter of fact there is a thread right now about this very subject over there. It's a good read.

Let us know of the progress on your car.

BG
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-12-2005, 10:05 PM

havnt gotten to the air filter thing yet as i am replacing glow plugs but i think im gonna do it myself if i can figure out a way to make the oil separator external from the air filter housing. K&N makes a cone type filter that fits straight on the turbo :evil:
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-21-2005, 11:30 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

I would be carefull about putting a filter directly on the end of the turbo unless it has a heat resistant flange. All the filters I've ever seen have a plastic base and I don't think I'd want to melt anything onto the turbo. That thing can get pretty hot.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode