Subaru to offer a TDI in the EU, USA to follow! - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by John_G, this thread has received 7 replies and been viewed 3302 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-05-2007, 11:09 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Subaru to offer a TDI in the EU, USA to follow!

Fond this while googling for small diesels for a hybrid conversion...

Subaru has developed a Boxer 4 cylinder Common Rail Diesel w/turbo to be sold in the EU for the 2008? (next) model year.

Links: http://www.nihoncar.com/en/news-455-...er+Engine.html
http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring...sel-engine.htm
http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/first_o...sid=457&page=1

And finally right from Subaru itself: http://www.drive.subaru.com/Summer07_diesel.htm

'93 F-250 HD, 7.3L IDI, 5spd - FARM TRUCK
I Support: Trailer brakes an every axle over the towing vehicle's GVW; CDLs for RVers; Safety inspections for ALL vehicles and 6 axle trucks (97K GVW proposal).

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote - Benjamin Franklin

I vote for LIBERTY!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-05-2007, 11:25 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
Threadstarter

More info: (can you tell I am excited by this?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

http://www.caradvice.com.au/3170/sub...rx-diesel-cvt/ (USA in 2008/9 ?!?!?!

Also, from Edmonds.com

""On the other hand, Subaru also reports that we can expect a turbocharged boxer-4 diesel for the WRX by early 2009. The company is eager to drop a high-mpg diesel into the Forester and Impreza soon after the Legacy gets Subaru's first diesel next summer, so the WRX is part of the program. And word from inside Subaru City also confirms that the company is working on a five-speed automatic and a continuously variable transmission, and both these options could be offered as early as mid-2009.""

source: http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=121192

I Support: Trailer brakes an every axle over the towing vehicle's GVW; CDLs for RVers; Safety inspections for ALL vehicles and 6 axle trucks (97K GVW proposal).

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote - Benjamin Franklin

I vote for LIBERTY!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-06-2007, 01:20 AM

That's awesome, I heard a rumor about honda's new diesel for the accord. I'll have to do some digging but I heard 62mpg in town! Sooner or later people are going to realize that biodiesel is way cleaner and a diesel is a much more efficient engine. But with big oil executives running this country it could be a long time coming. Look at all the restrictions they tried to put on diesels, haha! There are some smart engineers who figgered out a way around that one. I think they were hoping for manufacturers to give up.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 06:44 PM
Mafia #42

Garage
Send a message via AIM to HighTQCummins
that would be neat to have the subaru rumble, but good mileage at the same time. Although it would probably be killed by DPF and EGR and other emissions stuff. Would be neat to see a diesel forester (I happen to like foresters)

Hank

TDG and the Mafia lives on

TDG B.O.M.B. Squad #5

My Truck:2007 Toyota Tacoma V6 4x4

Diesel is in my blood, I guess you can call it a disease, sadly there is no cure for it, it's my cross I must carry
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-10-2007, 01:41 AM

I'm waiting at the dealer lot now...:cheering

had a RU GT wagon before the TDI diesel...hated getting rid on the AWD

now a 2.0 boxer diesel,165 hp /265# torque stock..4 valves per cylinder with a timing chain ...

headers + exhaust system with the boxer growl would be sweet...
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-10-2007, 04:29 PM
Mafia #42

Garage
Send a message via AIM to HighTQCummins
as long as those headers aren't equal length, equal length headers on those sound weird. Also remember while they maybe saying 2.0L (european spec) we may see a 2.5 All the subaru's over seas are 2.0L even the STi's 165hp 265tq sounds sorta low to me, but heck it may perform decently and get great mileage at the same time

Hank

TDG and the Mafia lives on

TDG B.O.M.B. Squad #5

My Truck:2007 Toyota Tacoma V6 4x4

Diesel is in my blood, I guess you can call it a disease, sadly there is no cure for it, it's my cross I must carry
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-11-2007, 04:42 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
Threadstarter

Rumor has it, from one of those articles or one linked to them, that the Suby diesel will be the highest MPG vehicle available in the USA when it arrives.

I vote for LIBERTY!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighTQCummins
........ 2.0L .....165hp 265tq sounds sorta low to me, .......
Let's see; 2.0 litre, 265 ft-lbs is equivalent to 530 ft-lbs in a 4.0 litre - a bit more than is expected from GM's forth coming 4 litre Duramax. Or 795 ft-lbs in a 6.0 litre - more than any of the current 6 to 7 litre turbo-diesels in GM/Ford/Chrysler pick ups.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode