Join Date: May 2005
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
How to flow more air to the Intercooler on the Passat
The intercooler on the TDI Passat is in a rather restrictive and useless location though if you are willing to give up the mediocre factory driving lights you can flow a lot more air to the IC.
1. Pop out the black trim piece around the DL
2. Remove the DL with a Phillips screw driver
3. Take a pistol grinder w/50 grit to the back of the trim piece where you want to remove plastic.
4. When you start to see the outline of the desired opening stop grinding
5. Take a utility knife and cut along the opening outline
6. Remove desired bumper plastic on the very right side of the opening with a Rotozip, air recip saw or a very sharp utility knife.
7. De-burr as you wish but remember its a drag car not a show car.
8. Install the black trim piece onto the bumper.