VW mechanics I need some electrical help - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by catdude, this thread has received 0 replies and been viewed 891 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 03:20 AM Thread Starter

VW mechanics I need some electrical help

Long story short my alternator caught on fire and melted the wire harness for it and the radiator hose above it and killed my battery. I replaced the alternator, harness, hose, and battery but now it's not charging. The battery light is flashing on and off slowly at about 2k rpms up and on steady at idle. 12.5 volts on the battery when not running draws down to 11.5 running and daytime running lights on. I'm a mechanic by trade but I'm not at all familiar with how these vws are wired and set up. I don't know where the wires go from where the alternator harness plugs into the main harness so I don't know where to check for further damage from shorting out.
It's a 2001 Jetta automatic with 133k.

07 Dodge 5.9 3500 DRW 4x4 QC 6spd:93C_peelo With a few mods.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode