Help with engine I.D. - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by C.O. Sparky, this thread has received 0 replies and been viewed 989 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 01-30-2011, 02:11 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Help with engine I.D.

Howdy all-

I need help identifying an engine in a bobcat 722 skidsteer that I purchased. I can't get fuel out of the injector pump, and I do not know the correct procedure for bleeding it. It is not the original engine. The original was a 4 cylinder gasoline and this engine is a 4 cylinder diesel. It has a robert bosch diesel kiki distributor pump. The only markings I can find on the block are behind the pump and they are B35443. I can't find any info on these numbers so if someone could point me in the right direction that would be great. Also could it be a problem with converting from a gasoline to diesel engine, does it need a fuel pump from the fuel tank to the injector pump? I have no knowledge when it comes to diesel systems I don't even know the last time it ran. I do have a receit from a shop that said there was evidence of water but nothing that was for sure a problem. Of course they recommended a rebuild, but the previous, previous owner declined. The previous owner said he did a budget rebuild on it, not that I know what he meant. so maybe a timing issue as well? Before I ramble on too much I should stop. Thanks in advance for the help.

Tags
i need help identifying

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode