need info on a dta360 - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by candycane, this thread has received 1 replies and been viewed 1187 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-04-2008, 03:05 PM Thread Starter

need info on a dta360

im new here and bthis is my first thread xecept for my intro. i have the head off my 1990 dta360, and replaceing it today. the dealer couldnt supply me with specs for adjusting the valves. im installing new nozzels, and have freash valve job because head was warped and had to be milled 12 . the rps are at 3000 already when i bought it, but i do not belive the fuel has been turned up. i plan on doing so. can anyone here tell me the specs and procedure for adjusting the valves. ive only worked on one diesel before and that was 1985 when i assisted in overhauling a 8v71 detroit. thanks guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 01:09 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

why didnt anyone tell me

thanks guys,
someone could have said: look on the intake you moron!!! but no one did, youve been a big help. not even the international dealer would tell me. the service manager looked in his computer and said sorry, its been flushed. to hell with international. they may have a tighter turning radius but the service sucks. ill probly end up putting a cat or something in it later. right now its my only transpotration. and by the way candycane is a nick name i got over 20 years ago because a certain part of my anatomy it striped to look like a candy cane. i was real heavily tattood, but spent 2 years getting laser surgery so i can blend into society and move about un noticed.;-) you guys should get a security system first thing when you modify with all that expensive stuff. the bad guys can get your info if they want any of that stuff your advertizeing you have . i use to be a real bad boy, so i know. now im just a broken down old man

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode