Midship fuel tanks - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by cuzkee, this thread has received 4 replies and been viewed 690 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 04:06 AM Thread Starter
Keener 6-0

Midship fuel tanks

Anyone know the pros/cons between these midship fuel tanks?
Transfer Flow, 57 gal, hangs a bit lower than stock, 12 and 14 gauge aluminized steel.
http://www.transferflow.com/Ford_replacement_tank.html

http://www.xtremediesel.com/index.as...OD&ProdID=1678

TITAN Fuel Tanks are constructed with heavy duty, cross-linked polyethlene and are approved for use in all 50 states. Each tank comes with everything needed to replace the factory tank.

-No hardware kits
-No modifications
-Stock appearance
-Reuses stock bolt
-Reuses stock holes
-Reuses stock gauges
-Reuses Stock sending unit
-Tank is 48 lbs, 69 lbs shipped
-Tapered bottom, front & back
-Only 3-5 gallons at gas light

The Transfer Flow sounds alot beefier and is a lot heavier.

I tow a toy hauler in the mountains and having the extra fuel would be a good thing.

BTW, "Howdy!" First time poster, long time lurker
Edit/Delete Message

'06 F-350 4X4, Crew Cab Lariat, long bed, SRW, MBRP turbo back, AFE 2 w/Pro Gaurd 7, Insight monitor, 2 stroke oil, SCT Xcal3 tuned by Innovative Diesel
Cabelas Side steps, ReTrax rolling bed cover, 20" wheels with BFG A/T's, Sirius, B&W turnover ball goose with 5th wheel Companion, 57 Gallon TransferFlow midship fuel tank.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 04:33 AM
The Big Meanie

WELCOME to the garage!!! As far as the fuel tanks go....you cant go wrong with Transfer Flow........

kevin

1996 Dodge 3500 Ex. Cab LB Wide Hipper
Boys Stroke It...Men RAM It
Dually Club Member
Farm Club Member
If I Get Caught Drunk On My Horse, Is It A DUI Or A RUI???

I Got A Named Bubba
In Progress...
FOREVER FARMS
What Is A Farm With No Barns?

Quote:
[Today 9:22 PM] GrnMachineLover: I just think diesels in cars are funny
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 06:48 PM
BJS

Both technologies (plastic and alumiminzed steel) have been employed over the years by Ford.

the titan tank I found is 60 http://www.titanfueltanks.com/ford.html but at a price that is about 200 more than transfer flow.

Plastic tanks are going to flex more if you do get it on a rock but are generally not repairable when you damage them.

The steel tank may bend and dent depending on what hits it when it tears it is possible to weld back together. The steel is more likely to get pits from road derbis and begin to spot rust which would be accelerated by road salt.

95 F350 Centurion Conversion Bronco (Crew Cab SRW) 4X4 4.10, Isspro Performax Boost, Pyro, & trans temp on the A-pillar, BDP Stage 1 injectors, Open air intake, Dpp Downpipe, Self built E4OD with parts from Racer-X, Tony Wildman Chip, Early '99 Intercooler.

Destin FL Vacation Houses 1 block from the beach
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 02:25 AM

i have the TF 57 along with their 100 gal in bed tank. they are 3 years old with no rust etc. they are a fine product.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 03:35 AM Thread Starter
Keener 6-0
Threadstarter

I'm really thinking about getting one. How difficult are they to install by myself? I am a fairly good wrench, but don't have a lift for the truck. I called 3 installers of the TF, and they all were within $50 of each other---$1500!

'06 F-350 4X4, Crew Cab Lariat, long bed, SRW, MBRP turbo back, AFE 2 w/Pro Gaurd 7, Insight monitor, 2 stroke oil, SCT Xcal3 tuned by Innovative Diesel
Cabelas Side steps, ReTrax rolling bed cover, 20" wheels with BFG A/T's, Sirius, B&W turnover ball goose with 5th wheel Companion, 57 Gallon TransferFlow midship fuel tank.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode