For those of you with titan fuel tanks - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by yamaman, this thread has received 14 replies and been viewed 10357 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-09-2010, 03:10 PM Thread Starter

For those of you with titan fuel tanks

Hey everyone just wanted to check on something I have found with my titan fuel tank. I ordered a 51 gallon super series for my 06 F-350 CC Sb. Now after a month or so I am noticing that when I go to fill the tank and loosen the filler cap it is letting alot of air in. has anyone else found this? It seems to me that it is not venting enough. I am worried about long trips and it losing the air in the tank and starving my injectors. They told me to use a 1/4 vent line when I installed it but that replaced the factory 3/8 or 1/2 vent line (can't rmember exactly). Do I have a venting problem that should be addressed. Thanks everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-09-2010, 03:23 PM

when we installed them they came with a pretty large size hose id almost say 5/8 to 3/4 we have only had one issue with venting and it was on a 60 gal we put in a 450 but we also had to modify the venting system as they were so new at the time and not exactly made for the 450, we later found a pinched line was giving us the greif, all is good now, heck with our short bed one weve filled up on the semi side of truck stops, fills super fast!

2006 f350 C.C.SB Amarillo Edition- Afe Stage 2 intake, SCT, mbrp 5" turbo back with 6" tip, 7" icon lift,325/50/22 dynapro atms on 22x11 black XD diesels, keystone heat extractor hood, 4.30 gears, 03 turbo DR/icon traction bars, Hd Heads, Painted front and rear bumpers, arp head studs, Welded EGR

wish list/coming soon-banks ic, regulated return fuel system, Tuned FICM, but not if i do a CR cummins first!
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-09-2010, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

I am pretty sure there is no crimped line after I got it back up into place I was able to reach up and feel all the vent lines and they felt good and moved freely. I am wondering if I should get rid of the 1/4" vent line and put in a 5/8 or something with a small air filter on the end
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 03:43 PM

Titan fuel tank venting

Hello Canadian member #35,
Yes, you do have a venting issue with the tank. The 1/4 inch vent hose is part of a vacuum break system designed to prevent this condition. It has a .3 psi one way valve that lets air in while the truck uses fuel. If you do not have this installed on your Ford, you will risk crushing the fuel tank.
Let me know if you need this part or further instruction.
Mitch
Titan fuel tanks
The Following User Says Thank You to Mitch For this addition to TDG:
wastedwagesracing (03-10-2010)
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 08:15 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Mitch, I do have the 1/4 vacuum installed and it is installed with the arrow on it facing upwards. I then have the line coming off that and wraps down the from so the tube faces down as to prevent getting water/sludge/crap in it. It does not appear to be obstructed anyway. and there is no low spots in the hose from the 2 rollover vents. What else could be my issue? Faulty vacuum valve, or possibly just to small of line?

I am worried about crushing my tank as well as starving my fuel pump and injectors do to no air in the tank. Thanks
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 09:42 PM

Titan fuel tank venting

The arrow on the check valve needs to point towards the tank. The arrow indicates the direction of flow. You need to be able to get air into the tank to prevent the vacuum build up. That should take care of the problem.
Mitch
Titan fuel tanks
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 10:48 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Mitch,

Wow must have miss read the instuctions bad on that one, just went to your website and reread and it does indeed say to have the arrow pointing toward the tank, I will go and and make sure that my arrow is pointing toward the tank but I am pretty sure I installed in pointing away from the tank. Thanks Mitch
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 10:56 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Mitch,

Just went out and took a look and I do indeed have it the correct way the arrow points toward the tank and I can blow into the hose and air does move through, So maybe since it is a much smaller vent then what the factory hose is maybe the 1/4" isn't letting in enough air for the truck to work properly. Any insight on this mitch
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010, 02:15 PM

If you have the vacuum break pointed in the right direction, the vacuum in the tank will not exceed .3 PSI.
Mitch
Titan fuel tanks
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010, 02:53 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Mitch,

When I loosen the cap and hear the air rushing into the tank it sounds like more then .3 PSI going in. Just out of curiosity since the other vent line are 1/2" can I get rid of the 1/2 x1/2 x1/4" T and the valve and run a full 1/2" Tee with a normal check valve or no valve at all to let in as much air as possible? Will this work or effect something? Thinking of maybe running a full 1/2 vent and then just put a small air filter on the end to keep debris out.

I am just alittle about either wrecking the tank or buggering up my fuel system.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode