"SMOKIN" / Watson - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by fordt, this thread has received 7 replies and been viewed 793 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
fordt

"SMOKIN" / Watson

Hey Chris was IRP the first pull for the new Smokin truck? How did it go? I saw you pull in the video, but was wondering what you thought.:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 02:38 AM
Super limo owner

Send a message via Yahoo to Super Limo
I can answer that it was not the 1st pull. hehe Ill walk down and ask him

Kyle

2001 Ford F-350 crew cab long bed srw black gauges boost and pyro Dp 4 pos chip. Straight piped 4 in lift with 35`s . Acetone emblems
CAN YOU KEEP UP??

Everyone dies but not everyone lives

AKA COOLUA Got A NEW NAME!

LOOK AT MY NEW PICS
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 02:51 AM Thread Starter
fordt

Walk down? Where's that house you got? I bet The Watson's property value just went way down
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 03:06 AM
Super limo owner

Send a message via Yahoo to Super Limo
im at the jones`s on benton rd

Kyle

2001 Ford F-350 crew cab long bed srw black gauges boost and pyro Dp 4 pos chip. Straight piped 4 in lift with 35`s . Acetone emblems
CAN YOU KEEP UP??

Everyone dies but not everyone lives

AKA COOLUA Got A NEW NAME!

LOOK AT MY NEW PICS
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 05:13 AM

2 pulls that i know of and 2 -1rst places!!!!!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 01:10 PM

So Far we have made three attempts and two successful runs.
We went to Lynchburg, OH to a brush pull to make a shakedown pass and we had a issue with the water injection and had to shut it down about 80ft.
Then we went to Union Grove WI for the DHRA season opener and won, and last weekend was the Nationals at IRP where we barely squeaked past Kent Crowder for a #1 Qualifier. But unfortunately we got rained out Sunday.
So far we have been happy with the truck, the whole reason for building a chassis is for strength, safety, and ease of working on it. it allowed us to run bigger axles and put weight where we needed it because it was built the way we wanted it to begin with, where as the other truck was originally built for a class that had to be completely stock appearing interior/sheetmetal and had to run 1ton equivallent drivetrain. Not to say that we couldn't have built our old truck to be just as competitive, but it would have taken alot more work.
We are in the process of build a top secret engine that should give us some MORE rpm and power, but thats all I really have to say about it.
BTW we were turning a consistant 5350-5420 RPM at IRP, How do you think it sounds? We have allways made practice of running road gears and lugging the hell out of the engine, it worked most of the time but it kills blocks because of too much cylinder pressure, so we are trying to get it to hook up and run slightly smaller gears to keep the rpm up but it makes it harder to apply the power because we are overpowering the track.
We still have alot of things to fine tune on the truck like shocks, springs, diffrent cuts on the tires, tire pressures and so fourth, but we are happy for now with how it is running.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 06:08 PM Thread Starter
fordt

SAWEEETT

I will be back home in a few weeks, I'll give you a shout and stop by if your home. :
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 06:54 PM

is your block filled with concrete Chris? You also need a Fat Kid Pullers sticker for that fornt windshield!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode