Hitch question... what to use? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by WNYPA, this thread has received 3 replies and been viewed 694 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-07-2006, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
Got Diesel?

Send a message via AIM to WNYPA
Hitch question... what to use?

Being that this is my first time pulling, and I won't be pulling often, what can I use for my hitching device? looking for somthing cheap and will just slide into the reese receiver. I have a few spare drophitches I could use If I could find somthing to fit the hole that they can hook to.

or if anyone is planning on going to the hemlock pulls on the 21st in hemlock ny, if you've got an old hitch you don't use anymore that I could use that would be great too.

THE HITCH POINT WILL BE FROM THE REAR BUMPER ONLY OR FROM A “REESE TYPE” HITCH ON A LEVEL PLANE WITH THE POINT OF ATTACHMENT TO THE TRUCK’S FRAME BEHIND THE PUMPKIN OF THE REAR END. NO OTHER TYPES OF HITCHES ARE PERMITTED. HITCH POINT MAY NOT BE MORE THAN 26" FROM GROUND. NO ANGLED, LEVER, PIVOT, AXIS OR OTHER TYPES OF ‘TRICK’ HITCHES ARE ALLOWED AND THE HITCH MUST BE STATIONARY IN ALL DIRECTIONS. THE HOOK POINT MUST BE THE FURTHEST POINT TO THE BACK OF TRUCK. HOOK POINT MUST BE PAST THE BED OF THE TRUCK IF THERE IS NO BUMPER, OR PAST THE END OF THE BUMPER. EACH TRUCK DRIVER MUST SUPPLY A TWISTED CLEVIS. THE HOLE FOR HITCHING MUST ACCOMMODATE A MINIMUM OF 3.5 INCHES ACROSS.

2000 F-350 NVK5, XLT Island Blue 7.3 PSD 3:73LS Reg Cab LB, 151,000 mi. and counting! STOCK EXCEPT:BTS Transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler, AutoEnginuity 3.4, GI-normous, Home made Tymar, CCV mod, HX-MOD, Heater-plug mod, "Custom 6-pos Chip", Autometer Z-Series Gauge pod, Beans Stage 2 Single-Shots, Zerex G-05 Coolant, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X869/Sirius Satilite, 8" Fisher plow, 407.1 hp / 849.1 ftlbs 13.686 @96.69
In Proud Support of Fat Kid Pullers! Keep on Pullin Joe and Brian!!! :bow:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-07-2006, 08:59 PM

I would just go to a tractor supply store or similar and pickup a 3.5" clevise and a pin to hold it in your hitch.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-07-2006, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
Got Diesel?
Threadstarter

Send a message via AIM to WNYPA
Should the clevis be vertical or horizontal?

Pin screws in from side or top? (for refrence)

2000 F-350 NVK5, XLT Island Blue 7.3 PSD 3:73LS Reg Cab LB, 151,000 mi. and counting! STOCK EXCEPT:BTS Transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler, AutoEnginuity 3.4, GI-normous, Home made Tymar, CCV mod, HX-MOD, Heater-plug mod, "Custom 6-pos Chip", Autometer Z-Series Gauge pod, Beans Stage 2 Single-Shots, Zerex G-05 Coolant, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X869/Sirius Satilite, 8" Fisher plow, 407.1 hp / 849.1 ftlbs 13.686 @96.69
In Proud Support of Fat Kid Pullers! Keep on Pullin Joe and Brian!!! :bow:
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-16-2006, 03:59 AM

Horizontal and stationary is better....that will allow you to keep your hitch height while pulling.

Vertical will work for beginners though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode