New Outlaw Trk & Tractor Class Openin maybe - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by 6Lcummins, this thread has received 12 replies and been viewed 965 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-02-2006, 06:13 AM Thread Starter
IS FREE!!!!!

Send a message via AIM to 6Lcummins Send a message via MSN to 6Lcummins Send a message via Yahoo to 6Lcummins
New Outlaw Trk & Tractor Class Openin maybe

ok this is kinda old but i was wondering if any of you guys on here might be interested.

Hello all! Last night I went to the Iowa State Fair and watched one great show. It was the Grand National Outlaw Truck and Tractor Pull. They had they awesome diesel super stock tractors, bad Edit super farms, modified tractors, 2 wheel drives, 4 wheel drives, and much more.
BUT, the thing that thrilled me was Street Stock Diesel Pick ups. Granted this is not a class right now and there were only three at the event last night, but this would be a great oppturnity for us diesel enthusiasts to pull at big pulls for some money.
I talked to the Outlaw President and he told me if I could come up with 7-8 people that would try to follow the circuit, a class for these trucks could be opened. Once we can get some people together we would meet with the president of the Outlaw circuit to make the rules for this class and have it ready for next season. The best part is: The pay out for winning this class would be $2000. And I believe that is per event. I'm from Iowa and we don't have any diesel truck pulls that pay that good to win anywhere near that I am aware of.
So if anyone else is interested please voice your opinion and feel free to email me @ [email protected]. I would love to be able to be a part of this as I'm sure many of you would be.
Let's not let this oppturnity pass us up!

12.56 @ 102 MPH Ennis Texas 4/10/10
11.55 @ 117 MPH Cedar Falls Iowa 5/22/10
1968 Cummins Corvette
All hard parts provided by Low Budget Diesel Performance and our sponsors Hamilton Cams, Pureflow Technologies, and PowerFlow Exhaust
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-03-2006, 05:25 AM

We may be interested in this, I'll see how many trucks I can round up.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-04-2006, 11:51 AM

That sounds like a great idea. Im sure it wont be to hard to line up some trucks for this. It will grow. The Nebraska power pullers have several awesome diesel trucks right now. Who noes some off them just might be interested. Hopefully some body from there reading this will let em know. Good Luck I was just in Lincoln at the fair an I was just saying this myself these guys need a diesel class.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-04-2006, 02:24 PM

I was there yesterday too. Too bad Joe had to let out of it for the hopping. Ferrell broke and Troy was just out powered.

The problem is that they will want a consistent number that will travel with them from TX to SD. I would love to but just can't afford it.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 05:40 AM Thread Starter
IS FREE!!!!!
Threadstarter

Send a message via AIM to 6Lcummins Send a message via MSN to 6Lcummins Send a message via Yahoo to 6Lcummins
im not sure how it would work exactly but it would be nice to have a class we could pullin. and its nice to get some feedback. first feedback on this subject i have gotten. i posted this on another site and didnt get any feedback at all.

1968 Cummins Corvette
All hard parts provided by Low Budget Diesel Performance and our sponsors Hamilton Cams, Pureflow Technologies, and PowerFlow Exhaust
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 02:34 PM

The difficult thing about them is like CBSuperduty said, they go a long ways away. It would be fun and If the payout was that good there would be some insentive to try. We need more good pulls here in the middle of the country.

94 Dodge reg cab 2wd auto
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 02:39 PM

HERE is the link to their schedule. They travel from TX to MN and these are not all weekend events. The cool thing is the number of events and the number of hooks a truck could get. It would be a lot easier to swallow if we only had to pull in the IA and NE pullls and didn't have to go to OK, TX ,MN and SD. Although I am sure there are some people in those states that would disagree.

94 Dodge reg cab 2wd auto
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
IS FREE!!!!!
Threadstarter

I second the whole needing more pulls in the Midwest. Especially ones that pay a bit better. im not saying paying $20 for a pull isnt bad but when you only win at most a couple hundred bucks. doesnt make it seem worth the wear and tear on these trucks, especially if you break something.

1968 Cummins Corvette
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 05:37 AM

Would it be possible to get a pulling schedule for the 2007 season and get pullers from different areas to commit to different events, thus keeping the attendance at 7-8 competitors at each event without having the same trucks travel the long distances. Say setup the rules close to the DHRA Street or Super Street Class, and use internet based forums to promote the pulls in different states to keep the attendance up for the first season. Therefore sparking interest of diesel truck pulling across the board, and hopefully pulling some sponsors into the market to help with some of the expenses. This sport needs exposure to become cost effective for alot of people, and the Outlaw Circuit could accomplish this if the necessary actions were taken. I for one am willing to support this cause in any way that I can, what do you guys think?
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 06:24 AM Thread Starter
IS FREE!!!!!
Threadstarter

well i have just emailed my brother to get him to see what he can get as of info. so maybe he will sign up so i dont have to be the middle man, but i hope something gets going cuz i would like to go even if i dont compete.

1968 Cummins Corvette

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode