The Diesel Garage banner

Pulling Hitch

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  buckeyestroker 
#1 ·
Have any of you guys pulled the sled with a spring absorbed ag hitch. I haven't but I am about to put one on my truck and I was wondering if it helped you from the shock or if it would help you bounce, ouch? I personally think it will make the truck bounce. What is your guys' thoughts?

#2 ·
biounce and poor perfromance you want the hitch close to to the truck as possible

#5 ·
NO bounce

I would think it would have a bouce to it. I bouce with a sold hitch. When I do it will brake. Broke the power lock twice this last year. First time it was just the spyders, second time spyders and cross pin. Both times had just a little bounce. Two pulls before I broke the power lock I broke the yoke on the rear end. Not a good feeling. Thought that contributed to the spyders braking later. When the yoke broke it also did the drive shaft in. And before all this I did in the clutch. First pull of the year I put in water injection, said to add between 60 and 80 HP. Got going down the track, at about 75 feet the water injection turned on and the clutch let go. Put a double disk in from a guy that sells them on RacingJunk.com. A double disk SFI approved unit.

97 club cab 8 ft box 5 speed 3.55 with 10 plate, 370's, BHAF, 4 inch exhaust, timing@15, water injection, pin tabbed, 35" BFGs

PS: What hitch hight do other pullers run? we run 28 inches

#9 ·
any movement other than forward takes power away which equals less distance. smoother the better

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.