NPPA Rules Meeting - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by CBSuperduty, this thread has received 24 replies and been viewed 1299 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-20-2006, 04:24 PM Thread Starter

NPPA Rules Meeting

Rules Meeting January 7th At 1 Pm In Wahoo At The Eagles Club. Remember, Rules Can Only Be Changed Every Two Years So Plan To Attend. This Is Also A Points Meeting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-20-2006, 11:04 PM

What an appropriate place for the meeting. The heart of great pulling. They need another meeting for the yearly saunders county fair pull to see if anything could be changed to avoid the problems off last year. Off course that would be fair board deal also. Keep us posted on any changes to the rules. Hope to see you pulling full time next year Chris. If you could mention it Chris could you tell them the pullers to put pics off there truck on the website. Theres only a few off the pullers on there. Id love to see the truck pics as well as a little bit about the drivers. Thanks
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 02:21 AM

I will have to try to attend the meeting to see what they are planning on doing. I know 2 trucks are moving up to what could be a higher class than what would be compared to DHRA street. (Big twins etc.) Also TSTUD has or had his truck for sale and I don't know about Smokin7. I will attend and see if anything changes for the better.
If not, me and another person in the area have discussed making a website for local diesel pullers. We would act as a mediator between the pulling events and the pullers, such as the Saunders Co. Fair. The idea we have is to come up with a standard set of rules, such as a modified DHRA street, and make it so the local pulls in E. Nebraska and W. Iowa adopt our rules in exchange for help and advertising on our site. This will help the rules be more universal in the area and give the pullers a better idea of when and where pulls are. Both we seem to have an issue with here.
Hopefully we are going to have a bombing day and a meeting to discuss the idea in Lincoln, NE sometime at the end of January or beginning of Febuary. Plans are being worked out now.
Feel free to ask questions or give recommendations to this idea.

94 Dodge reg cab 2wd auto
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 02:48 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Obviously I would vote for you guys to join the NPPA and make us bigger but I also realize that some of their rules don't line up with DHRA or other sactioning bodies. If you do this please feel free to let me know and I will do what I can to help. I realize that I am not pulling smokers but you know that I am a puller and like my diesels too and I like to help promote growth of the sport.

PM or email me the info you got. Will this be a dodge only crew or will other brands be represented?
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 06:14 PM

The more the better. It is hard enough to get people together around here let alone trying to do it all with one brand of truck. I like diesels not just my cummins. Competition is good too, something the NPPA lacks at some level.

post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-22-2006, 03:51 PM

Hay 97crewcab, You Have A Good Idea Going And I Hope It Works Out. I Know A Lot Of People Like To Talk Smack, So If You Can Make Things Even. Then We Can See Who's The Top Dog. I Sold My Truck But I Hope To Have Another One Up And Going Before The Start Of The Next Season. So If You Want Help Setting Up The Rules And Doing The Promo Thing Let Me Know I Would Like To Help. I Won't Be Pulling In The Association So I'll Be Back To The Fairs Again. Just Let Me Know And Good Luck Cbsuperduty. Stay With It And I Will Have Another Association Truck Soon. I Will See You Guys Around Next Season.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-22-2006, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Thanks man. Make sure to stop by if you see us at the pulls so we can see the new rig.

Chris
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-22-2006, 08:21 PM

I really hope something works out for next season.

What are some things people would like to see in a diesel pulling class?
What whould make you want to come pull?
Are points needed to get people there?
Any more recommendations? Great so far guys.

Good luck on the new rig TJ

post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-22-2006, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

A little diversity (more then just Dodges).
A standard set of rules (I keep telling people to follow DHRA so then others can drop in and fit).
A good number of trucks but not too many (set a limit).

Personally I get bored of watching 25-30 joe blows pulling the stock class. Most want smoke and speed.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-22-2006, 10:12 PM

I need to start a list.

1. standard rules for pulls (DHRA street rules?)
2. set number of pullers (may be possible but may not help payouts but an idea?)
3. better pull schedule, or a schedule period!
4. more....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode