Looky what I did!! Hood stacked....... - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by mrector, this thread has received 14 replies and been viewed 1056 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 11:47 AM Thread Starter

Looky what I did!! Hood stacked.......

Well, we got bored at the shop last Friday and I said I'm gonna hood stack the 91. I've since been driving it on the street with no problems yet, just let me go through a road-check, then we'll see the tickets start flying. BTW-at night it shoots a nice 8" flame out while under full throttle, coolest thing I've ever seen.:Thumbup: Laughed until I couldnt hardly breathe when I saw the flame.

I'd upload video, but my U-lead software for my samsung vid cam wont do sound, any suggestions on the video??????? I could do vid, but no sound would come through, unless someone can help me out on it.:shrug:

Mikey

89 w250 project truck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 12:01 PM
is here and there.

Thanked 1,110 Times in 665 Posts
I can't help you on the video sound but I can't wait to see the flame coming out of that pipe.

Life changes, so roll with it, not against it.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 03:27 PM

Very nice.
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 03:21 AM

thats col thtough I could get across the street w/o fgetting a ticket

1996 Gmc k2500 4x4 6.5 turbo diesel, with mods Blew the head gasket, put all new heads, valves, injecotrs gaskets etc on the truck only to get it together and find out it had no oil pressure, and sounded horrible (pry a spun bearing). SOLD
2007 chevrolet 2500hd Duramax loaded. GM LEMON BUYBACK
2007 Chevrolet LBZ 1 ton crew cab 8ft box
on star, xm, tow mirrors, 145 amp alt,
#23 Singles Club
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 04:03 AM

that is awsome
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 04:23 AM
Good on gas, hell on dzl

Garage
Nice stack.
Id laugh my butt off too at the flames. Thats my favorite part of turbo tractor pulling. The foot tall flames and clouds of black smoke are just crazy.

The law states the exhaust must exit past the rearmost seat, right? I wonder if it would be legal if you ran the stack up some more, put an elbow on it, then put a pipe on it goin across the roof of the truck?? Too me its doin the same as any exhaust system, it just wouldnt be under the truck. Of course theres no muffler either? Dunno how that would fly with the cops.

2006 F250 Super Duty Harley Edition #00604
Black with blue flames Crew Cab, long bed.
MBRP 4" Duals, AEM intake, Accufab elbow, SCT tuned by DJ(Looney)and Spartan, DJs Fuel + Intensifier, Dieselsite coolant filter, Commander monitor for gauges, PML front diff cover, cheap locker in front, Icon leveling kit, Icon Dual steering stabs, OneUpOffroad front link arms, OUO 5" traction blocks, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 05:04 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

:Thumbup:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DZL HOG
Nice stack.
Id laugh my butt off too at the flames. Thats my favorite part of turbo tractor pulling. The foot tall flames and clouds of black smoke are just crazy.

The law states the exhaust must exit past the rearmost seat, right? I wonder if it would be legal if you ran the stack up some more, put an elbow on it, then put a pipe on it goin across the roof of the truck?? Too me its doin the same as any exhaust system, it just wouldnt be under the truck. Of course theres no muffler either? Dunno how that would fly with the cops.

That's funny I was thinking the same thing. If I was to get a ticket for it, I'd just "add" some pipe to it so it will make it over the cab, the cops probably wont like it and think that I was being a smart A**. I drove it to work tonight, and went through Radford with it. If you know anything about Radford they are heck on loud exhaust, they never even looked twice at me.:Thumbup:

89 w250 project truck
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 05:42 AM
TDG Mafia Member #56

Very cool! I bet with that short stack and some fuel mods that could be hard to drive with your foot into it. Looks sweet though.

2005 Dodge 3500 CC LB 5.9 48RE Smarty 5" Silverline Exhaust AFE Stage 2 305/70/17 Nitto Grapplers Tinted Windows
Putco light bar
1968 Corvette Coupe 5.9 cummins 47RH with Goerend parts assembled by Gilmore Performance 180 pump built by Smokem 12pt cage Ford 9" with spool 35 spline moser axles pro gears Quick Time DOT drag slicks tilt front end soon to get paint and more air.
1995 F-350 Crew Cab soon to be 6 door DRW Hauler project: 5.9 conversion in progress ZF5 speed destroked adaptor plate King pin D60 3.55 gears

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 08:54 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselWrencher1
Very cool! I bet with that short stack and some fuel mods that could be hard to drive with your foot into it. Looks sweet though.

The little VE is turned up as far as it'll go without running away. It'll smoke pretty good, blows it all the way over the cab plus a couple of feet.

It's all in good fun, and good times with my buddies. I swear you shouldve seen us doing the project, we were like pre-schoolers with a new toy.

I'll get some video of it up soon.:Thumbup: But, without sound.:shrug:

Mikey

89 w250 project truck
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 12:48 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Well guys I captured a little vid this morning on the way home from work. I can make it flame higher in lower gears, I was going 70 in OD. Sorry no volume my ULEAD software sucks.laugh , or maybe I just dont know how to work it.

Enjoy, Click here

Mikey

89 w250 project truck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode