Jerrod...Or Anyone...I Wanna Hook My Tractor - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by bigdraft, this thread has received 10 replies and been viewed 859 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 04:22 AM Thread Starter
The Big Meanie

Jerrod...Or Anyone...I Wanna Hook My Tractor

Allright.....I wanna try pulling with my tractor in a stock farm class........Here is what I have......

1950 John Deere Series 50...2 popper...gas...tricycle front end

What do I need to do? I know I gotta add some weight to the ftont end. It comes up real high, real fast............

You tractor pullers.....please enlighten me!!!!!!

kevin

1996 Dodge 3500 Ex. Cab LB Wide Hipper
Boys Stroke It...Men RAM It
Dually Club Member
Farm Club Member
If I Get Caught Drunk On My Horse, Is It A DUI Or A RUI???

I Got A Named Bubba
In Progress...
FOREVER FARMS
What Is A Farm With No Barns?

Quote:
[Today 9:22 PM] GrnMachineLover: I just think diesels in cars are funny

Last edited by bigdraft; 06-03-2009 at 05:00 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 04:29 AM
Good on gas, hell on dzl

Garage
A drawbar that mounts further up under the tractor(closer to the front) would help keep the front down. One of the old guys round here had his setup like that, and helped big time. But I dont know if that would be in regulation with stock rules??

2006 F250 Super Duty Harley Edition #00604
Black with blue flames Crew Cab, long bed.
MBRP 4" Duals, AEM intake, Accufab elbow, SCT tuned by DJ(Looney)and Spartan, DJs Fuel + Intensifier, Dieselsite coolant filter, Commander monitor for gauges, PML front diff cover, cheap locker in front, Icon leveling kit, Icon Dual steering stabs, OneUpOffroad front link arms, OUO 5" traction blocks, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 04:52 AM Thread Starter
The Big Meanie
Threadstarter

not sure what class I would fit into.....thats why I just said farm stock???? I dont know anything about pulling.............can ya tell?????

kevin

Dually Club Member
Farm Club Member

I Got A Named Bubba
In Progress...
FOREVER FARMS

Quote:
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 06:24 AM

While I can't speak for the rules where you are... I would say that most likely you need to make some changes to your hitch.

My best guess is the limits will be 20" from the ground maximum, and 18 inches rearward of the centerline of the rear axle minimum. Get as close to these as you can.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 05:08 AM Thread Starter
The Big Meanie
Threadstarter

anyone got any pics of how the hitch should be and how to do a weight bracket for the front??????

kevin

Dually Club Member
Farm Club Member

I Got A Named Bubba
In Progress...
FOREVER FARMS

Quote:
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-11-2007, 12:21 AM

You want to hang the front weights as far foward as possible, helps w/leverage the farther outfront they stick.

1996 Gmc k2500 4x4 6.5 turbo diesel, with mods Blew the head gasket, put all new heads, valves, injecotrs gaskets etc on the truck only to get it together and find out it had no oil pressure, and sounded horrible (pry a spun bearing). SOLD
2007 chevrolet 2500hd Duramax loaded. GM LEMON BUYBACK
2007 Chevrolet LBZ 1 ton crew cab 8ft box
on star, xm, tow mirrors, 145 amp alt,
#23 Singles Club
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 04:17 AM
Bouncer

Most places allow weights no further than 3' from the front of the tractor. Hitch height as stated is 20" and no less than 18" from the center of the rear axle. A set of wheelie bars would go a long way also. That 50 would probably fit into a 4500lb class Kev. Not real sure how much it weighs, but I know it is more than the "B" that it replaced. Just remember that is about a 25hp tractor and a stock WD45 Allis Chalmers can fit in the 4500lbs very easily and it was 45hp from the factory. Not trying to discourage you, just letting you know what to expect.

Your best bet would be to try and lighten the tractor up as much as possible to try to get into a 3750, 4000, or 4250lb class.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Your best bet would be to try and lighten the tractor up as much as possible to try to get into a 3750, 4000, or 4250lb class.

Ross
Show-ME Smokers 2.6 modified street pulling truck "The Lone Stroke" My Videos
1996 f350, powerstroke, 4x4, 5-speed, 4.56 gears, Swamps 450/600 injectors, Swamps BFH turbo, Swamps Idm, Swamps tunes, BTS oil, SBC clutch, studs, springs, tubes, air to water intercooler, fuel system, factory rods!

Tow Rig
1997 f350, srw, reg cab, 4x4, 5 speed, 4.10 gears, 3in down pipe, straight pipe, mystery chip.

Becker Brothers Enterprises
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 04:39 AM
Bouncer

Yep on the wheels and also that 3pt is probably close 300lbs with the arms and such.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer
Most places allow weights no further than 3' from the front of the tractor. Hitch height as stated is 20" and no less than 18" from the center of the rear axle. A set of wheelie bars would go a long way also. That 50 would probably fit into a 4500lb class Kev. Not real sure how much it weighs, but I know it is more than the "B" that it replaced. Just remember that is about a 25hp tractor and a stock WD45 Allis Chalmers can fit in the 4500lbs very easily and it was 45hp from the factory. Not trying to discourage you, just letting you know what to expect.

we put a 45 loader (john deere) (trip bucket) on a farmall H. We get away w/it at 99% of places. Its not much weight up front, but the weight that is there is more effective. We also mounted it a little different so it doesnt mount to the rear axle like normal. Its sort of cheating:sofa Its technically hanging weight out front but since its nto really "hanging weight" like wheel weights or suitcase weights out front most will allow it. Its all the little stuff taht adds up that helps but theres always gonna be guyswho cheat bend the rules etc . The man w/the most money wins sorry to say but its the way it is. If your doing it for money, dont, and if your doing it to win dont, its about going out there, see what itll do and having fun.We got some guys who set the rpm's lower and pull in stock class then turn them up and pull in hot farm w/the same tractor. Jus thave fun is my besdt advice.

1996 Gmc k2500 4x4 6.5 turbo diesel, with mods Blew the head gasket, put all new heads, valves, injecotrs gaskets etc on the truck only to get it together and find out it had no oil pressure, and sounded horrible (pry a spun bearing). SOLD
2007 chevrolet 2500hd Duramax loaded. GM LEMON BUYBACK
2007 Chevrolet LBZ 1 ton crew cab 8ft box
on star, xm, tow mirrors, 145 amp alt,
#23 Singles Club

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode