2nd Place 2 Weeks in a Row!!!! - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by 95psdF250, this thread has received 7 replies and been viewed 671 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 08:41 AM Thread Starter
Git-R-Done

Thumbs up 2nd Place 2 Weeks in a Row!!!!

I have always wanted a pulling truck so I decided a couple weeks ago I was going to start setting the truck up a little at a time for sled pulling.

Pulled last week at our county fair for the first time in a 10,000lb open diesel class. Weighed in at right around 6700lb and I took Second Place. I was beat by a cranked up 12 valve Cummins by only 8 feet.

But the only thing is I may have taken first place if not for my bumber bolts all shearing off right at the end, because I was still moving when they let go. I will have to say that was very interesting when the bolts broke going from a crawl to a full throttle 40+psi boost launch. I have a video and will post it as soon as we find the cable for the camera.

Pulled again tonight at the fair in the next county over in a 7500lb open class that was open for diesels and gassers. Not sure what I weighed this time as the scales was broke and they did not weigh any of us. But I suspect with the new rear bumper I built this week I weighed another 200+ pounds over last weeks weight.

I took second place again tonight and got beat by a 2000 7.3L by 8 feet again. Luckily nothing let go this time and all went very well.

I went up afterwards and talked to the guy that beat me about what kind of mods he had and he tried BSing me by saying all he had was a 50hp TS chip. Not sure who he thought he was trying to BS as I could tell by the sound of his truck that he was not even running splitshot injectors. Well I just kinda played along with his line of BS and told him that if he ever wanted a real chip I could hook him up along with any other mods he may need.

However, I don't think this guy would have beat me if I would have launched hard like he did. He hammered it from the git go and both times I have pulled I started off by easing into the throttle to get the sled rolling and then prolly about 25-30ft out I hammered it.

The best part of the night is two Power Strokes put it to a 05 or 06 Duramax that took first last year and thought he was going to take it again this year. This guy was claiming his truck was all stock but he is FOS as he blacks the track with smoke when he pulls. Well he had to settle for Third this year and I think he was like 20+ feet behind me.

Anyways I feel good taking Second Place my first two times. :bow:

I have always wanted a puller and I am hooked for sure now.:Thumbup:

SLAPS Member

1996 F250 Ext. Cab 5spd. Power Stroke
1999 F250 Ext. Cab Automatic 4x4 Power Stroke
1993 RAM 350 Club Cab Automatic Dually Cummins
1993 RAM 350 Club Cab 5spd 4x4 Dually Cummins
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 08:43 AM

Congrats on your good showing! It's fun for sure.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 10:05 PM

its like getting infected
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 10:21 PM
FRANKEN STROKE

Thats how it all begins!:smoke

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

96 F-250 4X4,DP Tunner, EZmod, up graded IDM, custom drive shafts, staight axle up grade, 5-speed,head studs, bps bypass, dual HPOP's, AFE Filter, aeromotive fuel system, tubes, springs, oringed, copper head gaskets, 5" stacks (all chrome), south-bend dd clutch, H2E big spinny thing, some hugh-jazz injectors, 3" body lift (had to fit the turbo in), homemade traction bars fromt and rear, blood sweat & lockers!!
Four different trucks had to die to make this one!!!!!!!!!!!Thats why we call him FRANKEN STROKE! Too much fuel, and not enough money

Sled pulling in NC,TENN,VA,and anywere else theyll let us!!!!!

P.S. Dont be afraid of the sawzall! It can fix anything!

[email protected]

DONATIONS EXCEPTED!!!!!!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 03:53 AM

congrats man:Thumbup: are you gonna be pulling north of the river anytime soon I'd like to see you truck run.
what kind of mods have you done to you suspention I am fighting a severe wheel hop problem with mine.

Ross
Show-ME Smokers 2.6 modified street pulling truck "The Lone Stroke" My Videos
1996 f350, powerstroke, 4x4, 5-speed, 4.56 gears, Swamps 450/600 injectors, Swamps BFH turbo, Swamps Idm, Swamps tunes, BTS oil, SBC clutch, studs, springs, tubes, air to water intercooler, fuel system, factory rods!

Tow Rig
1997 f350, srw, reg cab, 4x4, 5 speed, 4.10 gears, 3in down pipe, straight pipe, mystery chip.

Becker Brothers Enterprises
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 04:53 AM Thread Starter
Git-R-Done
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pontiacross
congrats man:Thumbup: are you gonna be pulling north of the river anytime soon I'd like to see you truck run.
what kind of mods have you done to you suspention I am fighting a severe wheel hop problem with mine.
As of right now I have no plans on pulling again this year unless something local comes up. The president of SMTTPA is a friend of mine and I have been on him the past couple years to add a diesel class and he told me a couple weeks ago that they will have one next year. That is what made me get in gear and decide to start getting the truck ready.

I pulled in these last two pulls to just get a feel and see what I need to do. So far I have not done a single thing to my suspension. I got all kinds of recomendations from experianced pullers before my first pull to help prevent wheel hop but after seeing how my truck has done both pulls they are telling me my truck looks and pulls good just the way it is.

in the beginning I was told to put suspension stops in the rear and that I needed to run my rear tires as tight as possible and the front tires almost flat. Well the first pull last week I let the front tires down to 20psi and the rear tires only had 22psi in one side and the other only had 25psi when I checked them. So all I did was even both rear tires out to 22psi.

The truck never hopped one time during that first pull so last night I did the same thing on the front but set the backs to 30psi this time. The truck never hopped once last night either.

So as of right now my suspension is staying just how it is until I have an issue that makes me try something different.

Now I do have a big front bumper on the front I built and am still working on that weighs 300+ pounds currently from what I have figured and will go prolly 400+ when it is finished. I am sure that extra weight hanging out there 20 inches on the front has alot to do with how the truck is pulling and acting.

I have been around truck pulls most my life and know a little bit about setting them up but I am sure I have alot to learn. But I prefer to start off my own way and change as I go rather than taking everyones advice and setting it up like everyone else does right from the start.

I figure every truck is different and the same thing does not work for everyone.

Later,
Darrell

SLAPS Member

1996 F250 Ext. Cab 5spd. Power Stroke
1999 F250 Ext. Cab Automatic 4x4 Power Stroke
1993 RAM 350 Club Cab Automatic Dually Cummins
1993 RAM 350 Club Cab 5spd 4x4 Dually Cummins
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95psdF250
As of right now I have no plans on pulling again this year unless something local comes up. The president of SMTTPA is a friend of mine and I have been on him the past couple years to add a diesel class and he told me a couple weeks ago that they will have one next year. That is what made me get in gear and decide to start getting the truck ready.

I pulled in these last two pulls to just get a feel and see what I need to do. So far I have not done a single thing to my suspension. I got all kinds of recomendations from experianced pullers before my first pull to help prevent wheel hop but after seeing how my truck has done both pulls they are telling me my truck looks and pulls good just the way it is.

in the beginning I was told to put suspension stops in the rear and that I needed to run my rear tires as tight as possible and the front tires almost flat. Well the first pull last week I let the front tires down to 20psi and the rear tires only had 22psi in one side and the other only had 25psi when I checked them. So all I did was even both rear tires out to 22psi.

The truck never hopped one time during that first pull so last night I did the same thing on the front but set the backs to 30psi this time. The truck never hopped once last night either.

So as of right now my suspension is staying just how it is until I have an issue that makes me try something different.

Now I do have a big front bumper on the front I built and am still working on that weighs 300+ pounds currently from what I have figured and will go prolly 400+ when it is finished. I am sure that extra weight hanging out there 20 inches on the front has alot to do with how the truck is pulling and acting.

I have been around truck pulls most my life and know a little bit about setting them up but I am sure I have alot to learn. But I prefer to start off my own way and change as I go rather than taking everyones advice and setting it up like everyone else does right from the start.

I figure every truck is different and the same thing does not work for everyone.

Later,
Darrell
I'm jellous that you don't have a wheel hop problem. The first time I pulled I just ran suspention stops in the back and started hopping mad and broke my driveshaft. I Got that fixed and built a set of ladder bars so I decided to try it again last saturday. I dropped the front tires down to about 30 psi and strapped the front axel down a little with rachet straps and still hopped bad I had to let off the throttle 3 or 4 times to keep it down. The rearend seemed to stay inplace I think most my problem now is in the front end. I guess next I'll build front traction bars and a weight rack for it.

I'll be looking forward to seeing that video when you post it up

Ross
Show-ME Smokers 2.6 modified street pulling truck "The Lone Stroke" My Videos
1996 f350, powerstroke, 4x4, 5-speed, 4.56 gears, Swamps 450/600 injectors, Swamps BFH turbo, Swamps Idm, Swamps tunes, BTS oil, SBC clutch, studs, springs, tubes, air to water intercooler, fuel system, factory rods!

Tow Rig
1997 f350, srw, reg cab, 4x4, 5 speed, 4.10 gears, 3in down pipe, straight pipe, mystery chip.

Becker Brothers Enterprises
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-26-2007, 02:41 AM

fun but expensive

1996 Gmc k2500 4x4 6.5 turbo diesel, with mods Blew the head gasket, put all new heads, valves, injecotrs gaskets etc on the truck only to get it together and find out it had no oil pressure, and sounded horrible (pry a spun bearing). SOLD
2007 chevrolet 2500hd Duramax loaded. GM LEMON BUYBACK
2007 Chevrolet LBZ 1 ton crew cab 8ft box
on star, xm, tow mirrors, 145 amp alt,
#23 Singles Club

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode