Beginner's Luck at Angola, IN! - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by TheBac, this thread has received 5 replies and been viewed 534 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 03:33 AM Thread Starter

Beginner's Luck at Angola, IN!

Jerrod told us about a truck pull sponsered by Dave's Diesel down in Angola, IN. today. Eric, Glenn, Jerrod and I and all our families went down to pull. We all had a lot of fun, and Dave's puts on a good show! Met a LOT of great people there! I wish I could remember all their names.

I entered the Work Stock class and finished second to a pretty darn good running black Dmax. Used my TT hitch turned upside-down, with a clevis attached. Loaded the bed with 640lbs of bagged topsoil (Hey...Roni can use it in her gardens now....I was thinking ahead!), lowered the torsions and front tire pressure to 30lbs, clamped the springs and away I went. I put the truck in 4th (OD lockout), 4LO and towhaul and she just pulled that sled like it was our trailer. Followed Glen's and Eric's advise on preparing the truck and procedures when pulling and it all worked.
Pulled the same sled from Spring Fling (remember that 227 foot pull video?) and the track was in really nice shape. I think I pulled close to 298 feet, so just missed out on a pull-off.

I got a trophy! Woohoo! I think there's a chunk o' change coming in the mail next week too! I was stunned that I did well....was only really hoping to get to 250' and not embarrass myself or Eric's shop.

I think Eric and Jerrod may post what they finished. I hope someone posts the final results too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 06:06 AM

Congrats to theBac

Congrats Tom! Your truck just flew down the track with the sled, amazing. We were still talking about you tonight at the fair grounds. Very impressed! You will need to do it again.

I'm not sure either with the correct numbers. I know Eric came in third in the 8000 I believe, if not correct me and third in another.

Tom was all mr. came in Second, jumping around with his trophy.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 06:21 AM
TDG Mafia Member #56

Congradulations Tom, great job!

2005 Dodge 3500 CC LB 5.9 48RE Smarty 5" Silverline Exhaust AFE Stage 2 305/70/17 Nitto Grapplers Tinted Windows
Putco light bar
1968 Corvette Coupe 5.9 cummins 47RH with Goerend parts assembled by Gilmore Performance 180 pump built by Smokem 12pt cage Ford 9" with spool 35 spline moser axles pro gears Quick Time DOT drag slicks tilt front end soon to get paint and more air.
1995 F-350 Crew Cab soon to be 6 door DRW Hauler project: 5.9 conversion in progress ZF5 speed destroked adaptor plate King pin D60 3.55 gears

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 08:10 AM
TDG Mafia # 81

Congrats man, I was up there for the rodeo this weekend. I wish I knew about all of ya going, I would have met ya'll up there for the fun.

Tony

2001 GMC 2500HD EC/LB, 4X4. A few go fast goodies. 540hp/1107tq Danville Dyno 11/09, Kennedy 40% injectors.

05 IH 9400i with Cummins ISX pulling a lumber bunk trailer, stuck in a swamp somewhere in Indiana.

Proud Veteran Served 6yrs Active Army From Germany, Kuwait and Bosnia to Ft. Hood and Ft. Knox
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-26-2007, 01:42 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

We didnt even start planning to go until Sat nite when Jerrod called.

Thanks for the kind words, Beth. I dont win very many times in competition, so I was half geeked/half shocked. I got my check today, too!

I guess I have to start looking at pulling schedules now....
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-01-2007, 05:16 AM

now youll get addicted haha

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode