Lets talk Truck pulls - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Bcarriveau, this thread has received 6 replies and been viewed 794 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-26-2007, 06:23 AM Thread Starter
********* and Mafia #90

Thanked 1,333 Times in 985 Posts
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Bcarriveau Send a message via Yahoo to Bcarriveau
Cool Lets talk Truck pulls

Ok you guys and girls have helped me in lots of ways but in my last post the pulling part kinda didn't help me as much as i hoped but all that was said is very good.. thank you all again in advance, i have Never done this and want my first to be good.

How many pulls do you get for your money?
Is there another thing i can do before Sunday to boost power with out spending a grand? I will do Exhaust very soon. I'm thinking 4inch turbo back with a stock turned on its side running with the step bars to come out just before the tire.
What kind of hitch do i need and or will they supply one to use?
looney tone djs is a must i believe and 4L is the way to go!?
what abought changing filters day before?
Opening the air box cover up?

Advise please, now i have the sct commin i want to know what to do next for power and lots of it.

Bill Carriveau OFFICIAL POO HAULER

ARP studs, sct, Leveling kit,Airdog set at 62psi with no factory pump, leveling kit,5" stacks, under cab lights, Large in the way Fan shroud Removed, bed Lights being Re-did. Large Alternator(250amps)(130 amps was so 2003). On 3rd set of Hgs(soon to be 4th), 2nd set of heads, 2nd tubro, egr cooler, FICM and more. When i Turn the Key it does return a Favor, not always in MY Favor.
Da Rules..Here
http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/q...g?t=1249694332
Windows 7 Takes the WIN!
Windows 8 might take that Win
http://www.bcarriveau.com/
Dear Tequila:
We had a deal. You were supposed to make me sexier, smarter and a better dancer. But I saw the video. And I think we need to talk..

How you name your Thread is Important. Read Here

The TDG TOTQ

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-26-2007, 07:31 AM
always looking for more

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcarriveau
Ok you guys and girls have helped me in lots of ways but in my last post the pulling part kinda didn't help me as much as i hoped but all that was said is very good.. thank you all again in advance, i have Never done this and want my first to be good.

How many pulls do you get for your money?
Is there another thing i can do before Sunday to boost power with out spending a grand? I will do Exhaust very soon. I'm thinking 4inch turbo back with a stock turned on its side running with the step bars to come out just before the tire.
What kind of hitch do i need and or will they supply one to use?
looney tone djs is a must i believe and 4L is the way to go!?
what abought changing filters day before?
Opening the air box cover up?

Advise please, now i have the sct commin i want to know what to do next for power and lots of it.
change your filters if you want and its been a while. Big tunes draw down fuel pressure quick. for a hitch, I have used a 6" drop hitch turned upside down with a horizontal clevis thru it. You can get them at any farm/fleet store. You want your hitch to be as close to 26" off the ground as possible without going over that. If you haven't done the zoodad mod yet it would be a good idea. I don't know what you mean by opening the air box cover unless you have an aftermarket air system. But whatever you do don't bypass your air filter, ever.

2006 True Blue/Silver F250 Crew Cab
With a few bolt ons...
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-26-2007, 07:40 AM Thread Starter
********* and Mafia #90
Threadstarter

Garage
whats this zoodad i hear of?

ARP studs, sct, Leveling kit,Airdog set at 62psi with no factory pump, leveling kit,5" stacks, under cab lights, Large in the way Fan shroud Removed, bed Lights being Re-did. Large Alternator(250amps)(130 amps was so 2003). On 3rd set of Hgs(soon to be 4th), 2nd set of heads, 2nd tubro, egr cooler, FICM and more. When i Turn the Key it does return a Favor, not always in MY Favor.
Da Rules..Here
Windows 7 Takes the WIN!
Dear Tequila:
We had a deal. You were supposed to make me sexier, smarter and a better dancer. But I saw the video. And I think we need to talk..

The TDG TOTQ

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-26-2007, 07:54 AM
always looking for more

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcarriveau
whats this zoodad i hear of?
Cutting a hole in your fiberglass radiator support just in front of your air intake pickup tube. Unscrew the top 4 bolts (8mm I think) of your front grille, use a screw driver to pop the 5 clips holding the bottom in, look to see where your air intake pretty much deadheads right behind the support. Use a drill to make a pilot hole and then a rotozip or dremel tool to cut out a hole to allow fresh outside air in to your motor. Took me 20 minutes to do mine start to finish, and it was a free mod. I don't know if it will really give you anymore power but it makes sense to do.

2006 True Blue/Silver F250 Crew Cab
With a few bolt ons...
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-26-2007, 07:59 AM Thread Starter
********* and Mafia #90
Threadstarter

Garage
Thanks man, ill go rig happy with this lil project. i get creative. Thanks!

Da Rules..Here
Windows 7 Takes the WIN!
Dear Tequila:

The TDG TOTQ

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-26-2007, 08:16 AM

If you get a chance tomorrow give me a call. 563-557-5823. I always have time for a ford guy in the Badger Truck puller club area.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-26-2007, 08:21 AM Thread Starter
********* and Mafia #90
Threadstarter

Garage
will do bud, when is a good time? i dont work till 130pm

Da Rules..Here
Windows 7 Takes the WIN!
Dear Tequila:

The TDG TOTQ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode