Sled pull ? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by payne86, this thread has received 5 replies and been viewed 975 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007, 10:49 PM Thread Starter

Sled pull ?

I was just wondering why at the end of each sled pull as soon as they stop, they rev it up alittle?? only thing i can think of is to help burn all the extra fuel left after a wot run. ?? just something i was thinking about.

2006 Chevy Duramax LBZ 4x4 2500 Regular Cab. 5inch exhaust,everything else is Bone Stock for now............................... SOLD......2001 Dodge 2500 4x4 Regular Cab Cummins. Ats intake horn,Ats Exhaust Manifold, AFE stage II intake, Edge Comp, Superchip,FASS 95,Luk clutch(450),boost elbow,5in turbo back stait piped. silincer ring lost, 2in levelingkit 305/70/16 on 16-10.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-16-2007, 01:42 AM

Ya I was kinda wondering that too but I always thought it was to slow the turbo down a little slower so it dont bark real bad? But iam not sure
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-16-2007, 02:11 AM

They do it to help bring the boost down slowly, than just letting off the throttle and barking like crazy. Especially with how big of turbos most sled pullers run.

-Charley, 1995 Nissan hardbody, single cab,2.4 i-4, 5spd, straight piped - 4.5in tip, 2x Rockford Fosgate R1's

Quote:
"I Caught that diesel thing, now it stings when I pee"
The Diesel Garage.com
Can You Keep Up??
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-16-2007, 04:09 AM
Good on gas, hell on dzl

Garage
To keep it from cutting off. Goin from full boost to no boost immediately, will cut the air off to the engine and it will stall. Atleast thats what it seems like my truck does. Ive had it happen to me a couple times, both times I was pulling. One was sled pull, other was a tree in the backyard. If I would hold it down for a short while, then let up real quick it would bark then cut off. Hold her down, let up quick, then tap it alil, it wont cut off. That was just with an exhaust system, no tuner then.

2006 F250 Super Duty Harley Edition #00604
Black with blue flames Crew Cab, long bed.
MBRP 4" Duals, AEM intake, Accufab elbow, SCT tuned by DJ(Looney)and Spartan, DJs Fuel + Intensifier, Dieselsite coolant filter, Commander monitor for gauges, PML front diff cover, cheap locker in front, Icon leveling kit, Icon Dual steering stabs, OneUpOffroad front link arms, OUO 5" traction blocks, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-04-2008, 11:28 PM

if the sled brings you down it will loud the mtor too much and the turbo cant spool that way either so if u rev it up at the quickly enough you can keep it from stalling.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 02:56 AM

On my truck, and I guess this applies to most Duramaxes, The converter will be locked in 4th gear at the end of the pull. If you let off the pedal and don't go to neutral the motor will stall. Not good for the turbo bearings as the oil pressure stops feeding the turbo and what oil is on the bearings, cokes up pretty fast with all the heat present. JMO

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode