Pulls in Eldon, IA Oct. 6th - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by dieselfite, this thread has received 20 replies and been viewed 1725 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 08:31 AM Thread Starter

Pulls in Eldon, IA Oct. 6th

Wapello County Fair Grounds we we be having a truck pull which will incldue gas trucks, diesel trucks and open to the tractors that show up. 5pm start time with weigh startin at 3:30. We are working to see if we can get a dyno to show up also. Stay tuned for more info and open diesel payout.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 04:45 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselfite
Wapello County Fair Grounds we we be having a truck pull which will incldue gas trucks, diesel trucks and open to the tractors that show up. 5pm start time with weigh startin at 3:30. We are working to see if we can get a dyno to show up also. Stay tuned for more info and open diesel payout.

Just wanted to clear this up this is a truck pull and the only tractors that we will pull will be the Twin States tractors. So if you fit in that classes they will pull last.

No farm stock or antique tractors will be pulling.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 08:18 PM
TDG Mafia Member #56

What are the rules, can you post them? Thanks Ryan.

2005 Dodge 3500 CC LB 5.9 48RE Smarty 5" Silverline Exhaust AFE Stage 2 305/70/17 Nitto Grapplers Tinted Windows
Putco light bar
1968 Corvette Coupe 5.9 cummins 47RH with Goerend parts assembled by Gilmore Performance 180 pump built by Smokem 12pt cage Ford 9" with spool 35 spline moser axles pro gears Quick Time DOT drag slicks tilt front end soon to get paint and more air.
1995 F-350 Crew Cab soon to be 6 door DRW Hauler project: 5.9 conversion in progress ZF5 speed destroked adaptor plate King pin D60 3.55 gears

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-26-2007, 05:23 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

The toughest 300’ in Southeast Iowa
Wapello County Fairgrounds
Eldon, Iowa

Classes payback 100%

CLASSES

6500lb – Pure Street
6500lb – Stock Street – Small Block
6500lb – Stock Street – Big Block
6500lb – Pro Street – Small Block
6500lb – Pro Street – Big Block
6500lb – Open Street
8000lb - 2WD Diesel
8000lb – Stock (NO Smoke)
8000lb - Single wheel Diesel
8000lb- Dually wheel Diesel
8000lb – Pro Diesel
6500lb – Modified
STOCK (NO SMOKE)
This class is intended for daily driven street legal light duty trucks with minimal modifications.

1. Any truck towed or hauled to the event shall not be allowed to compete in STREET STOCK DIESEL / DUALLY class.
2. Vehicle shall have current license, registration and proof of insurance.
3. Vehicle shall meet all GENERAL TRUCK RULES.
~~ BODY AND CHASSIS~~
4. Maximum weight: 8000 lbs. Vehicles over 8000 lbs shall drop hitch 1” per each 500 lbs over.
5. Maximum wheelbase: OEM
6. Maximum drivetrain: OEM
7. Vehicle shall have complete OEM body. Aftermarket bed allowed. Aftermarket body panels allowed.
8. Vehicle shall have front and rear bumpers. Front bumper shall be in stock location.
9. No front weights allowed.

10. Suspension blocking or blot-on suspension components (i.e. helper springs, coil over shocks, or air bags) are allowed.
11. Tires shall be DOT approved. No cut or shaved tires. No bar tires.
~~ HITCH~~
14. Maximum hitch height: 26”
15. Minimum hitch length: 48” from rear axle centerline to hook point.
16. Hitch shall be rear bumper or receiver type hitch bolted solid within the last 12” of OEM frame. Any aftermarket cushion hitch allowed.
17. Hitch shall have a minimum 3” diameter opening to accept the sled chain hook.
18. Hitch shall be rigid in all directions; except drawbar of a cushion hitch.
19. No part of the vehicle or hitch shall interfere with the sled chain or hook.
~~ ENGINE~~
20. Gasoline engine dually trucks shall adhere to the STOCK STREET class engine rules.
21. Engine shall be OEM cubic inch displacement for year, make and model of vehicle.
22. Engine shall be equipped with OEM engine block for year, make and model of vehicle.
23. Engine shall be equipped with OEM cylinder heads for year, make and model of vehicle.
24. Maximum one (1) turbo with one (1) pressure stage allowed. Maximum 3” diameter opening at intake wheel.
25. No aftermarket fuel pump, oil pump, turbocharger or injectors allowed.
26. Vehicle shall be equipped with street legal exhaust system.
27. No water injection allowed.
28. Diesel fuel only. No propane, alcohol, nitro-methane, propylene, benzene, nitrous oxide or other oxygen adding agents.
~~ SAFETY~~
29. Vehicle shall meet all GENERAL SAFETY RULES.
30. Strongly recommend a U-joint shield covering the rear driveshaft U-joint at the rear axle. Shield shall be 6” wide, 5/16” aluminum or 3/16” steel 360 around the joint not more than 2” larger in diameter than the driveshaft and/or U-joint.

SINGLE WHEEL, DUALLY WHEEL, PRO DIESEL
This class is intended for modified street legal light duty trucks.
The rules of this class were created to align with the American Tractor Pullers Assoc. (ATPA) Super Stock 4wd Diesel class.

1. Vehicle shall meet all GENERAL TRUCK RULES.
~~ BODY AND CHASSIS~~
2. Maximum weight: 8000 lbs
3. Maximum wheelbase: 158”
4. Vehicle body shall appear stock. Aftermarket body panels allowed. Forward tilt front clip allowed. No ‘funny car’ style one piece tilt body.
5. Engine shall be in stock location.
6. Front weight brackets allowed. Maximum: 60” forward of the front axle centerline.
7. No fuel tanks, batteries or engine components allowed forward of the grill and/or front bumper.
8. Tires shall be DOT approved. No cut or shaved tires. No bar tires.
~~ HITCH~~
9. Maximum hitch height: 26”
10. Minimum hitch length: 48” from rear axle centerline to hook point.
11. Hitch shall have a minimum 3” diameter opening to accept the sled chain hook.
12. Hitch shall be rigid in all directions.
13. No part of the vehicle or hitch shall interfere with the sled chain or hook.
~~ ENGINE~~
14. Maximum cubic inch displacement: 460 CID
15. Engines shall be any light duty truck diesel engine. No commercial, industrial or agricultural engines.
16. Maximum two (2) turbochargers allowed.
17. Aftermarket pumps, turbochargers and injectors, computer chips, and large tube exhaust allowed.
18. Exhaust shall exit vertically. Exhaust outlet shall be a minimum of cab height.
19. Diesel fuel engines only. No spark plugs.
~ SAFETY~

Exhaust must point up or down if possible. So if you have a turn up or turn down you need to bring it.

:smoke
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 06:31 PM

Send a message via AIM to RSieck
For the STOCK class, I think mine will smoke some, but all I have is what I have in my signiture...

Early 99 F250 4x4 Ext Cab LB, DP Tuner, Intake/4" Straight Pipe
:
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 05:58 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

NO smoke means No solid black smoke. Alot will smoke off the line then won't smoke at all. A little haze won't hurt I don't think. SO a stock truck with a 60hp chip probably won't so much at all.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 06:38 AM
IS FREE!!!!!

Send a message via AIM to 6Lcummins Send a message via MSN to 6Lcummins Send a message via Yahoo to 6Lcummins
Kendall, wat bout if ur working and ur truck is gettin hauled down to make weigh in on time???? cuz i could fit in 2 of the 3 diesel classes if i wouldnt get penalized for bein hauled down.

12.56 @ 102 MPH Ennis Texas 4/10/10
11.55 @ 117 MPH Cedar Falls Iowa 5/22/10
1968 Cummins Corvette
All hard parts provided by Low Budget Diesel Performance and our sponsors Hamilton Cams, Pureflow Technologies, and PowerFlow Exhaust
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 03:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to RSieck
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselfite
NO smoke means No solid black smoke. Alot will smoke off the line then won't smoke at all. A little haze won't hurt I don't think. SO a stock truck with a 60hp chip probably won't so much at all.

Hmm, I dont know what it would do. I haven't pulled it yet to find out. I guess if it smokes too much I would get dq'd. It will clean up pretty good in the 140 setting...we'll see:Thumbup:

Early 99 F250 4x4 Ext Cab LB, DP Tuner, Intake/4" Straight Pipe
:
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Guys we are here to have fun. I don't care if you trailer your truck in cause the fat of the matter is if I drive that far I would do the same.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-08-2007, 09:43 PM
TDG Mafia Member #56

Kendall, first I want to tell you you guys did a superb job! At first when I pulled in I thought it would not take long but there were a lot more trucks than I thought. By far a good show put on by the diesels! Hopefully it was big enough for you guys to be able to put one on next year.

2005 Dodge 3500 CC LB 5.9 48RE Smarty 5" Silverline Exhaust AFE Stage 2 305/70/17 Nitto Grapplers Tinted Windows
Putco light bar
1968 Corvette Coupe 5.9 cummins 47RH with Goerend parts assembled by Gilmore Performance 180 pump built by Smokem 12pt cage Ford 9" with spool 35 spline moser axles pro gears Quick Time DOT drag slicks tilt front end soon to get paint and more air.
1995 F-350 Crew Cab soon to be 6 door DRW Hauler project: 5.9 conversion in progress ZF5 speed destroked adaptor plate King pin D60 3.55 gears

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode