Indoor pull Oct 26-27 in Des Moines, Ia - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Dieselwrencher, this thread has received 7 replies and been viewed 846 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-18-2007, 09:55 PM Thread Starter
TDG Mafia Member #56

Indoor pull Oct 26-27 in Des Moines, Ia

I don't know too much info right now but there will be a truck pull in Des Moines, Ia at Vets Auditorium Friday and Saturday. This is an invitation only pull and there will be no diesels as far as I know due to the lack of a smoke machine. There should be blown hemi tractors, outlaw tractors, mod 4x4, 2x4 gassers, and probabally 4x4 street stock I would guess. I have not seen any sort of advertisement for the pull and not a lot of people even know it will be going on. When I find out more info I will post it up. This might spark some interest if there is a good turn out and a good sized audience, but I don't know. It would be nice to be able to have some indoor pulls that diesels could run in in our area, and maybe this event will help our cause.

2005 Dodge 3500 CC LB 5.9 48RE Smarty 5" Silverline Exhaust AFE Stage 2 305/70/17 Nitto Grapplers Tinted Windows
Putco light bar
1968 Corvette Coupe 5.9 cummins 47RH with Goerend parts assembled by Gilmore Performance 180 pump built by Smokem 12pt cage Ford 9" with spool 35 spline moser axles pro gears Quick Time DOT drag slicks tilt front end soon to get paint and more air.
1995 F-350 Crew Cab soon to be 6 door DRW Hauler project: 5.9 conversion in progress ZF5 speed destroked adaptor plate King pin D60 3.55 gears

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-18-2007, 11:51 PM

Thanks for the heads up.

We have pulled diesels indoors in Kearney Nebraska the last couple years. It is definately what the crowd shows up for.

94 Dodge reg cab 2wd auto
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-19-2007, 02:56 PM

Send a message via AIM to RSieck
I've heard alot of bad about this...kinda. My buddy is big into tractor pulling, and on there message boards they say nobody can really get ahold of the promoter, or really know if it is still going on. Plus its just gassers anyways, so not much fun...IMO. But it is also supposed to be along side of a big car/hot rod show too.

There also has been talk about having another indoor pull later this winter, and there is talk of having diesels and a smoke machine.

Early 99 F250 4x4 Ext Cab LB, DP Tuner, Intake/4" Straight Pipe
:
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-20-2007, 02:46 AM Thread Starter
TDG Mafia Member #56
Threadstarter

That is why I think people should get over here and watch it. I know it sucks there won't be any diesels, but if this thing flops it might kill any chance with another one later on this winter. And the promoter has been sick, the promoter has been the one contacting everyone that is why no one can get a hold of him. I still can't see why it isn't being advertised. How will people, the general public, know to come if they don't see or hear something about it. Besides, it is worth the drive to see some of these mod tractors. How can you not like blown big blocks with open headers, or multi engine tractors, or the huge aviation engines in those tractors? There will be a lot of good running 4x4 gassers as well. I look at it this way, if the diesel guys and crowd won't go to watch the gas guys, do expect the gas guys to come and watch the diesel guys? My uncle will have his single engine mod tractor there and he told me he pulls on Friday afternoon at 2pm. He said he thinks it starts on Friday at noon. I think he mentioned there will be a pull on Saturday as well. When I find out more info I will post up.

2005 Dodge 3500 CC LB 5.9 48RE Smarty 5" Silverline Exhaust AFE Stage 2 305/70/17 Nitto Grapplers Tinted Windows
Putco light bar
1968 Corvette Coupe 5.9 cummins 47RH with Goerend parts assembled by Gilmore Performance 180 pump built by Smokem 12pt cage Ford 9" with spool 35 spline moser axles pro gears Quick Time DOT drag slicks tilt front end soon to get paint and more air.
1995 F-350 Crew Cab soon to be 6 door DRW Hauler project: 5.9 conversion in progress ZF5 speed destroked adaptor plate King pin D60 3.55 gears

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-20-2007, 03:39 AM
DPS

This pull has been removed from the events center calendar and the tractor & truck guys are reporting that it has been cancelled.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-20-2007, 04:23 AM Thread Starter
TDG Mafia Member #56
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPS
This pull has been removed from the events center calendar and the tractor & truck guys are reporting that it has been cancelled.
OK, thanks for the info I will look into it to see for sure.

Putco light bar

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 03:29 AM Thread Starter
TDG Mafia Member #56
Threadstarter

Well DPS is right. I spoke with my uncle tonight and he told me he got a phone call from another puller telling him it was called off. It doesn't look like this went over well at all with Vets. Hopefully there isn't a lot of heartburn with the event coordinators to ruin any chance of anymore pulls there this season.

Putco light bar

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-26-2007, 07:30 PM

We were all setup to go (built new rims and tires, safety hitch, wheelie bars, fire coat) and then he cancels... Then Jeff has the nerve to say it was because of a lack of participation on the pullers part. I know several that were going and some were big names. He is a scammer just as was mentioned on Pulloff.com several months ago. Too bad as it could have lead to big things around here.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode