Wa and Or sled pulls. - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Rodram2002, this thread has received 31 replies and been viewed 1936 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 08:30 PM Thread Starter

Wa and Or sled pulls.

March 29 - Moses Lake, Wa
May 3 - Berthusen Park, Wa
June 20/21 - Redding, Ca
June 21/22 - Banks, Oregon
June 27/28 - Berthusen Park, Wa
July 4 - Royal City, Wa
July 19/20 - Lebanon, Oregon
August 2 - Berthusen Park, Wa
August 10 - Polk County Fair, Oregon
August 16/17 - Blackout, Edmonton, Canada
August 31 - Ritzville, Wa
Sept 6 - Quincy, Wa
Sept 13 - Sublimity, Or
Sept 20 - Sumas, Wa
October 11/12 - Moses Lake, Wa

2007 Truck Pull Rules and Regulations

1st Place - Trophy
2nd Place - Trophy
3rd Place - Trophy
NO CLASS JUMPING ALL TRUCKS MUST BE ON GROUNDS FOR INSPECTION BETWEEN 10:30 AM AND 11:30 AM. DRIVERS MEETING AT 11:45 AM.
PULL STARTS APPROXIMATLEY AT 12:00 PM

1. Trucks must be operated in a safe manner at all times. Drivers must remain seated during the pull and must have complete control of the truck at all times. Seatbelts must be worn. All drivers must have a valid driver痴 license.
2. NO consumption of alcoholic beverages in the truck or pit area either before or during contest.
3. If judges believe any individual to be a potential hazard because of such consumption, the
individual and pickup will be barred from the contest.
4. Must have a 2 ス pound fire extinguisher within reach of the driver while pulling.
5. No Riders
6. Trucks will be weighed with driver at the pull prior during tech. No adjustments after to pickup after weigh in.
7. Trucks must have all weights safely secured to the vehicle and may not exceed more than 60 inches from the centerline of the front axle.
8. Weights must not touch the ground.
9. If weight falls off, driver will be disqualified.
10. No blocking of suspension (Air bags allowed, in cab adjustability must be disabled)
11. No portion of the truck may interfere with sled hitch during pull.
12. Everyone must have OWN clevis on pick-up. Minimum 3 inside diameter. Hitch height must be no more than 26 off the ground. Must have a receiver type hitch. WE WILL NOT HOOK TO A BUMPER.
13. Hitch must be rigid in all directions and solidly mounted to the vehicle frame and cannot rise
during pull. Hitch must extend beyond box.
14. All entrants will be mixed up so the same entrant does not start every class.
15. The first puller in each class will have the option to pull over. Must request re-pull before he is unhooked from the sled. Any puller may have one re-pull as long as he stops before the front of the skid passes the 75 mark and requests the re-pull before he is unhooked from sled.
16. May jump a class up but not down.
17. Contest to be governed by judge with all decisions final. Judges have all rights to stop and
disqualify any truck if it is not being operated in such a manner as would be considered safe.
18. There will be a $50.00 protest fee. Fee will be returned if protest is proved within 15 minute
protest time limit following each class.
19. No sign up after the class has started pulling.
20. It is the drivers responsibility to be aware when they will be pulling and ready when it痴 their turn.
PULLING ORDER
1. Gas
2. Stock Diesel
3. Modified Diesel
4. Heavy Modified Diesel

CLASSES

Stock Diesel/ Gas 8000 LB Limit
1. STOCK IS STOCK as delivered from factory
2. Trucks must be licensed. Trucks must have streetable exhaust. Must pull from bumper or receiver hitch. No wheel base restrictions.
3. May have Intake or exhaust modification
4. No power adders (ie: chip, module, programmer, modified injectors or aftermarket turbo)

Modified Diesel 9000 LB Limit
1. Must have front and rear bumpers. All doors and fenders must be in place and must have full hood. Wheel base 136 or less.
2. No block suspension. Any amount/combination of springs allowed. Must have 4 factory wheel brakes in working order. Truck must be street legal and licensed.
Maximum tire size is 40 tall, 15 wide.
3.May have power adders (ie: chip, programmer, module or injectors) May only have either computer modification or injectors.
5.Only single turbo
6. Water injection allowed (no methanol)

Heavy Modified Diesel No Weight Limit
1. All of the Modified Diesel Rules unless otherwise stated.
2. Combination of computer modification and injectors
1. Only one transmission and transfer case. All engine components must be under full hood. Rear
suspension must be on springs. Any amount/combination of springs allowed. Wheel base 135 or
less. Suspension blocks allowed.
2. All traction and latter bars must run parallel with drive shafts to keep from restricting suspension travel. Removal of floor and fenders from box allowed.
3. Hydraulic steering is allowed. Must have minimum of 2 factory wheel brakes. Maximum tire size is 40 tall, 15 wide. Must have all safety equipment - drive shaft loops, u-joints enclosed
4.Twin turbos allowed
5.NOS, propane and water/methanol injection allowed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-18-2008, 10:10 PM
TDG Mafia - Booze Runner

Damn another reason not to go to twin turbos!!! Thanks for the info tho looking forward to hitting some pulls this year. Are these DHRA pulls, or several different organizations????

2007 Dodge 3500 MegaCab Laramie CTD 4x4 Patroit Blue Just a bunch of Go fast parts and programing
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-18-2008, 10:20 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

There are a few different orginizations, but the rules are about the same. I know what you mean about the twins. Puts you up with the big boys. Still fun to pull.

Scotty.
post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-18-2008, 10:33 PM
TDG Mafia - Booze Runner

The one in Redding is always fun... Gotta get Joe to make me one of his custom hitches now, Its Pull'n Time!!!!!!
Crap forgot gotta get the air bags on too.......

2007 Dodge 3500 MegaCab Laramie CTD 4x4 Patroit Blue Just a bunch of Go fast parts and programing
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 02:28 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

You got traction bars yet?
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 05:07 AM

Right on man. When do you sign up for them?

What the heck is the clevis thing?

So I would have to pull in the modified diesel class since I have a turbo on my truck (not stock)? I will get my arse handed to me, at least I'll have a good time at it :Thumbup: .

I'll come to the Redding, Or, the Lebenon, Or, Polk county fair one, and the sublimity, Or one.

I'll end up breaking something, it'll at least give me an excuse to upgrade :Thumbup:
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 05:26 AM

Sounds like fun, but I think I'll just be a spectator!

edit: Just talked to the wife she says maybe I can use her truck! You guys know anything about pulling? Do you need to have something fabbed up to hold the weights? I'll have to do some research. If the tune wasn't in the truck would the lift be enough to push it out of the stock class? And are there height restrictions for the hitches?

She was makin' fun of me just now. Said I was all excited like a lil' boy!
SURE WAS

05' 2500 CTD 4X4 QC LB SLT 6" lift 35x12.5x18" Toyo's, edge j/a, airdog 150 and jeep liberty canister mod, magnaflow turboback 5" to 4" duals, banks techni-cooler, airaid, dipricol mech. fuel press. in a-pillar mount
07.5 2500 LMM 4X4 CC SB LTZ 10-12" lift 37x13.5x22" Toyo's, efi-live, magnaflow 5" turboback

04'trx450,04'dvx400, 06'trx250, 06'predator90 ,05'ktm525mxc
05' Fleetwood Gearbox 335FS rev red
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaholic
Sounds like fun, but I think I'll just be a spectator!

edit: Just talked to the wife she says maybe I can use her truck! You guys know anything about pulling? Do you need to have something fabbed up to hold the weights? I'll have to do some research. If the tune wasn't in the truck would the lift be enough to push it out of the stock class? And are there height restrictions for the hitches?

She was makin' fun of me just now. Said I was all excited like a lil' boy!
SURE WAS
The rules stated above that the hitch couldnt be more than 26" above the ground.
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordGuy100
The rules stated above that the hitch couldnt be more than 26" above the ground.
Ah I didn't see the quotation marks used as an inches sign. It just says 26 so it through me off. Thanx

The hitch on the chev is about 30". That sucks guess I could always use the dodge......or just watch.

When they say:
10. No blocking of suspension (Air bags allowed, in cab adjustability must be disabled)

Do they mean a block under your spring pack used as a lift or are they refering to the blocks people bolt on in place of the bumpstops?

05' 2500 CTD 4X4 QC LB SLT 6" lift 35x12.5x18" Toyo's, edge j/a, airdog 150 and jeep liberty canister mod, magnaflow turboback 5" to 4" duals, banks techni-cooler, airaid, dipricol mech. fuel press. in a-pillar mount
07.5 2500 LMM 4X4 CC SB LTZ 10-12" lift 37x13.5x22" Toyo's, efi-live, magnaflow 5" turboback

04'trx450,04'dvx400, 06'trx250, 06'predator90 ,05'ktm525mxc
05' Fleetwood Gearbox 335FS rev red
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 01:26 AM

Woohoo!!! Party Time Now!!!

01 F-250 SC PSD,210k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, GTS Hybrid injectors, Studs, 910 Valve springs, Forged rods Water injection,Swamps tuned, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 100 axl tank, 4" Revtek lift, 37-14.50-17 TOYO MT's 469hp and 1068tq...

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode