The Diesel Garage banner

Need some questions awnsered, Help!

2K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  Truckmaniac 
#1 ·
alright first off, got full exhaust on my truck and 2 of the sensors broke off and my machanic said he can just plug them and it should be fine
ive got the spartan tuner, so will that allow me to not run the senors?
and also, he said he cant get the truck started and that the starter sounded like it blew a fuse and that the starter isnt getting any power.
any ideas on this and what happened?
hes got the 250 tune loaded.

#2 ·
You have to have the sensors in with the spartan, and that's why its not starting more than likely.

You'll need to buy new sensors from ford and put them on.

#3 ·
Why does everyone say you need the sensors in? Is it just strongly recommended or what? I dont have any sensors in my exhaust, theyre tied up to the frame rail...didnt have any bungs to put in the exhaust when we did it, and I havent had any problems.

#4 ·
Alright, i was thinking that might be the prob
anybody else had this same prob?
and what was your fix

#9 ·
He said there plugged in just zip tied to the frame, witch would work. Its just easier to get the right exsuast with the bungs and there safe there. zip tied to the frame they will be screwed and need new once if you go back to stock.

#10 ·
Whats the prices for the senors in the exhaust?

#11 ·
He didnt break em really, they were just stuck in the exhaust and he couldnt get them out and then he tried and the heads rounded off
but how much for the senors and what all ones are in the exhaust?

#13 ·
I copied and pasted this information from another Forum concerning the (1) pressure sensor located in the DPF and the other(3) temperature probes. I believe that the threaded fittings are the "bungs" welded onto the exhaust. These are Ford part numbers.

Pressure Sensor 8C3Z-9J460-B

EGT Probe 8C3Z-12B591-D

Threaded Fitting 7C3Z-9J454-A

The same thread said the fittings were $57.00 each, Dealer cost.

#15 ·
So all the exhaust sensors are $57 a piece?
and the only place to get them is the dealership?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.