New Diesel Owner - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Xone, this thread has received 5 replies and been viewed 1225 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-19-2010, 07:35 PM Thread Starter

New Diesel Owner

I am new to diesel engines. I am wanting to find out the best tuner to get, and still be able to keep my extended warranty on my daily driver. I am really just wanting opinions, and would like to find out as much info as possible before purchasing. I am leaning toward the Banks Six Gun w/ iQ right now, but still want to research more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-19-2010, 08:07 PM

pretty much everyone on this website is going to tell you to stay away from banks stuff, not that it is bad quality or anything like that it is just very pricey. Look into the spartan tuner they will set you up just rite and you will get a ton of bang for the dollars your going to spend. Its well worth every penny in my opinion take a look at spartans website and also take a look at rudys (dpfdeletekits.com) they both have great customer service and both will set you up with what you are looking for. Hope this helps a little bit you can learn a ton of info on this site just by reading threw what everyone else is talking about

Grein,

1999, ford f-250 superduty cc, lb, diy intake, dp tuner, 3 gauge pillar, tint all the way around, gto smoked heads and tails, uniden cb, recon smoked cab lights, recon running lights, recon third brake light
The Following User Says Thank You to 99_stroker For this addition to TDG:
Xone (10-19-2010)
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-19-2010, 08:18 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Thanks for the info. I am going through a lot of the threads on this and other forums, and trying to find the best route to go. I have looked on the Spartan page, and my main concern is keeping the extended bumper to bumper warranty while still getting some more performance. I have been told to steer clear of the DPF delete until the warranty is gone. Thinking about a DPF-back exhaust...any suggestions or comments?
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 12:56 PM

i am no expert but from what i know, if you just simply go with the dpf back exhaust you going to have more frequent regens and you mite even get worse gas mileage id just get a spartan with the full exhaust if it was me and then if your worried a about the exhaust being a problem with the warranty throw the stocker back on if something bad happens to your truck

Grein,

1999, ford f-250 superduty cc, lb, diy intake, dp tuner, 3 gauge pillar, tint all the way around, gto smoked heads and tails, uniden cb, recon smoked cab lights, recon running lights, recon third brake light
The Following User Says Thank You to 99_stroker For this addition to TDG:
Xone (10-20-2010)
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Thanks, I am going back down to Houston this weekend, and I am gonna pick up the tuner while I am down there. I'm sure the exhaust can wait a little while.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 03:25 PM

if you are going with spartan the 150 dpf on tune still is a big difference from stock mpg wise im not sure but power wise yess

Grein,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode