please help wont start!! - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by 99stroke, this thread has received 6 replies and been viewed 1380 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-17-2010, 08:36 AM Thread Starter

Exclamation please help wont start!!

hey guys been awhile but no problems untill now. I have a Job1 08 f250 6.4 automatic, had the edge juice with attitude for about 6 months ran great decide to go dpf/doc delete with sct 9625or.. got up this morning removed dpf and doc placed the pipe in bolted all sensors up none broke. then raised hood removed the edge. opened driver door hooked the sct up went through the push wheel to continue screens clicked on the program vehicle it said at top reading stategy turn key on do not start. ok simple well i turned key on (guess) to run where the glow plug relay kicks in and all dash lights up well stuck on the screen that says at top "unlock ecu" at top and says turn key on do not start engine. well did that for 30-35 mins nothing unhooked from the obd port all i am getting now is theft flashing fast and on the display a coolant temp symbol, oil can symbol, traction control symbol, and truck will not start!!!!! unhooked batterys for 4hrs hooked up turned key on same lights and wont click or any thing????????????? so i tried to read codes with sct nothing say error 1020 unable to read strategy... well lets try edge to read codes hooked edge back up turned key on nothing the attitude moniter doesnt come on flicker or anything so what may have happened?? im stranded cant go to work leave or anything.. all help greatly apprieciated thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-17-2010, 01:39 PM

What I recommend is giving us a call so we can see if we can get this issue taken care of.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-17-2010, 04:21 PM

Hey Ron, our number is 866-297-6298. Thanks
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-19-2010, 01:31 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Hey matt thanks I'll call you tomorrow. I've been working late. I did call sct I'll tell you what he said. See if you think the same
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-19-2010, 06:17 PM

Just give me a call when every you get a chance. Thanks
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-22-2010, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Hey Matt, I called Friday didn't know your ext. Was on hold 15 mins. I hauled it to ford saturday got the dreaded news. The tech is a real good friend he tried flashing it and even manually flashing it like you can on a 6.0 but nothing fried PCM. I never said any thing and he said" yep don't you just love your edge". I said why he said at least 2 per week come in fried from edge products I told him I'd bought the sct extreme livewire w/dpf n doc delete and removed the juice and no start. So $751.99 + 2hrs labor thanks edge!!!! He said sct was the way to go and told me after I get it fixed to send to Matt forcustom tunes and you'll love it. So guess he was talking about you. Thanks and I have a like new edge juice with attitude for sale. Lol.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-23-2010, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99stroke View Post
Hey Matt, I called Friday didn't know your ext. Was on hold 15 mins. I hauled it to ford saturday got the dreaded news. The tech is a real good friend he tried flashing it and even manually flashing it like you can on a 6.0 but nothing fried PCM. I never said any thing and he said" yep don't you just love your edge". I said why he said at least 2 per week come in fried from edge products I told him I'd bought the sct extreme livewire w/dpf n doc delete and removed the juice and no start. So $751.99 + 2hrs labor thanks edge!!!! He said sct was the way to go and told me after I get it fixed to send to Matt forcustom tunes and you'll love it. So guess he was talking about you. Thanks and I have a like new edge juice with attitude for sale. Lol.
I am sorry to hear that you had to take the truck to Ford and have them put a new PCM in the truck. When you want to get a custom tune you can contact [email protected] Gear Heads, Innovative Diesel, Elite Diesel, River City Diesel, Quick Tricks or DP-Tuner and they can get you taken care of. Also under dealer/device info what is the status of the device?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode