Tuning Update for January - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by 08stroker250, this thread has received 43 replies and been viewed 6063 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-24-2011, 06:14 AM Thread Starter
Spartan Diesel Tech

Garage
Arrow Tuning Update for January

Hey everyone. As some of you may already know, we have a rather large update to release this month. Matt and I have been talking tonight, and we felt it necessary to make a post regarding this update before we actually release it to the public. The rest of this post is Matt's....

We originally had our latest tuning database update scheduled for release this afternoon, but due to damaging some electronics used for testing over the weekend, we will need to postpone release until later into the week to get the new hardware in and the last parts of the update fully tested.

In light of this, I thought I'd use the next few days to give a more detailed description of the changes and updates to the calibrations we will be implementing, and get some input and consensus from our users on any other changes you guys would like to see. Our current update includes the following---

-Shift changes to all 250HP tunes (milder at part throttle and enhanced converter lock)
-Shift changes to all 275HP tunes (milder at part throttle and enhanced converter lock)
-Changes to all HP levels to correct late lock-up issues for 2010 and earlier trucks with 3.55 ratio gearing
-Addition of 300HP tuning for Job 1 trucks
-Correction for customers seeing periodic cold weather part throttle surging with 275HP tunes

Another update will shortly follow the one mentioned above to include---
-Updates to both engine and transmission files for ALL Spartan TCM calibrations
-Engine calibration changes to 250, 275, and 310HP files to address periodic rolling idle

Any input from our customers on any issues will be monitored closely, so feel free to throw it in here. Even if it isn't a technical problem and is just something you'd like to see (tuning related) post as you'd like.

Thanks,

Spartan Diesel Technologies

Jeff Dodd - www.SpartanDieselTech.com
Email - [email protected]

2008 Ford F-250 CC/SB
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 08stroker250 For this addition to TDG:
BigIslandBoy (01-26-2011), Greenshield (01-24-2011)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-24-2011, 04:36 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08stroker250 View Post

-Shift changes to all 250HP tunes (milder at part throttle and enhanced converter lock)

-Changes to all HP levels to correct late lock-up issues for 2010 and earlier trucks with 3.55 ratio gearing
Can you go into further detail on these two issues?

I'm not sure what you mean by enhanced converter lock or the late lock-up issues.

My truck is a 2010 with the 3.55 and I'm running the 250 tune as my daily driver.

One last item, I've never updated the firmware/software on my DashDaq since I purchased it in 2008. I figure since it ain't broke, why fix it. How will I be able to get the new updates that I will need?

Thanks!
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-24-2011, 08:16 PM

How is it possible to have a tuner that has not been updated sense 08 on a 2010 truck? I am guessing you switched it from your old truck? You didnt have to update it then?

New Ride 08 F-250 CC SB FX-4 6.4 auto loaded job 1, Spartan 310,RCD 485,525, Erics Xstreet,KEM250 DPF delete,downpipe, intercooler pipe, 4" mbrp, timbrens

04 F-350 6.0,auto,SC,SB, 8ft Fisher X-Blade, Hideaway Strobes, XM Radio,Alpine Head unit, X-codes, Edge Mini spring pack, Edge adjustable track bar, 315/75/16 Toyo A/t,Prodigy brake controler,MBRP 3.5" downpipe,5"stacks, powermaxx turbo, Xrace tuned

Old truck-3/27/03 build F-350,CC,SB,DRW 6.0, Auto, Black on black, Blacked out bumpers/ grill, Moon roof, fifth wheel.

old sick, 1/7/03 build
2003 F-350,SC,SB,6.0, 4" lift 37 MT/R
http://community.webshots.com/user/traxx400-date
http://s601.photobucket.com/albums/t...0Ford%20F-250/
post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-24-2011, 08:54 PM
Strokin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckmaniac View Post

I'm not sure what you mean by enhanced converter lock or the late lock-up issues.

My truck is a 2010 with the 3.55 and I'm running the 250 tune as my daily driver.

One last item, I've never updated the firmware/software on my DashDaq since I purchased it in 2008. I figure since it ain't broke, why fix it. How will I be able to get the new updates that I will need?

Thanks!
Also wondering about the 08 Dashdaq on the 10. I'm wondering the same thing: I haven't changed a thing since 08, what do i have to do to update, what do the updates give me for my programmer, do I get more tunes, am I able to turn off EGR on lower tunes, and are the new tunes safer for my truck than the older ones. As well, I heard that if I update my Dashdaq will be useless for any other tunes than yours. Is this correct? If so what is the reason, wouldn't you be more interested in selling tunes than Dashdaqs? Is the Dashdaq useless to be transferred into say an '11 Ford?

Cummins, Duramaxes, and Powerstrokes - some of each
Newest: 08 King Ranch - 8" Rize, 20" Monsters, 5" straight pipe, Spartan, Alien Patrol, etc.
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-24-2011, 09:58 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipkyss View Post
How is it possible to have a tuner that has not been updated sense 08 on a 2010 truck? I am guessing you switched it from your old truck? You didnt have to update it then?
I've had the same tuner on all four of my 6.4 Super Duty trucks. Three of them were 2008s and my current ride is a 2010.

Each time I moved the tuner from one truck to another I had to pay Spartan for new tunes specific to my new truck.

I have not upgraded my DashDaq to a strategy flash tuner. Back in the beginning, when everyone started converting from the old way (not sure what you call it) to the strategy flash, there were problems either loading tunes or it taking too long to load them (sometimes hours). Since the old way was working for me, I never bothered to convert and probably won't unless these newest batch of tune enhancements require me to do so.

I'm stubborn and set in my ways!
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-24-2011, 10:01 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pourinthecoal View Post
Also wondering about the 08 Dashdaq on the 10. I'm wondering the same thing: I haven't changed a thing since 08, what do i have to do to update, what do the updates give me for my programmer, do I get more tunes, am I able to turn off EGR on lower tunes, and are the new tunes safer for my truck than the older ones. As well, I heard that if I update my Dashdaq will be useless for any other tunes than yours. Is this correct? If so what is the reason, wouldn't you be more interested in selling tunes than Dashdaqs? Is the Dashdaq useless to be transferred into say an '11 Ford?
08stroker250:

Jeff, I think that this questions is aimed directly at you.
post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-24-2011, 10:13 PM

Well I'm very pleased that yall are doing this, definetly good customer service, just tone down the part throttle shifts on the 250, keep it firm at WOT and hard accelerating shifts, just the 1/4 throttle/ normal driving shifts need to be a little lighter. I'm all for the firm shift on harder accelerating/ over 1/4 throttle and WOT. The loping idle would be cool to fix too, mine lopes pretty good when it's cold, can't wait for this tune, I've been running the 210 for a week and am ready to go back to the 250, I need my smoke!

08 Job 3 250 4 door, 6 inch lift, AFE straight piped, AFE drop in filter and Spartan tuned. 91 Procharged mustang

Last edited by beaslyb; 01-24-2011 at 10:17 PM.
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-25-2011, 02:49 AM Thread Starter
Spartan Diesel Tech
Threadstarter

Garage
Quote:

Thanks!
Enhanced lock-up means early lock-up. The late lock-up issues are only on trucks with 3.55 gears. Once tuned, trucks were seeing lock-up 2-10 mph later than stock (depending on tire size usually).

So you have no updated your tuner to the V2 software? If not, you will need to in order to get this update. I have numerous threads about how to acquire the V2 software.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pourinthecoal View Post
You probably don't even have strategy flash on your tuner. You need to email Mick at [email protected] once the update comes available. Wait until then though. Don't do it now. It will be better to do everything all at once.

Doing the updates will prevent any other tuning companies (KEM Performance) from being able to tune with the DashDAQ....unless they get the ability to tune with the V2 software that E-Motion released for the DashDAQ.

The 6.4 Phalanx will be able to be converted to a 6.7 Phalanx once everything is squared away with our 6.7 tuning.

Quote:
08stroker250:

Jeff, I think that this questions is aimed directly at you.
I think I am going to start paying you to be my secretary.

2008 Ford F-250 CC/SB
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-25-2011, 01:05 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08stroker250 View Post
I think I am going to start paying you to be my secretary.
Jeff: Lines 1 through 12 are for you concerning some of your recent post on the Truck Forums, You have an appointment with your protologist at 10:00 today, then a 2:00 o'clock with the IRS, something about your deduction on your 2009 return, claiming that a DashDaq, Delete Pipe and some custom wheels were a "business expense".

You're coffee is already on your desk, along with four 5-hour energy shots, jalepeno jerky and my request for a raise.
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-25-2011, 05:30 PM Thread Starter
Spartan Diesel Tech
Threadstarter

Garage

2008 Ford F-250 CC/SB

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode