AFE drop in filter problems - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by snopro_69, this thread has received 3 replies and been viewed 1369 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 01:08 AM Thread Starter

AFE drop in filter problems

Hey everyone... Just a question for ya. Was at shop in town getting few things on truck done with fluids in difs and stuff. And the guy workin on it said my AFE pro guard drop in filter is no good cause the sides suck in and lets in dirt. And gave me a big speech about how they used to sell them and stuff. I thought it was a good filter and works good with my Spartan tunes just wondering if i should be worried or if anyone has heard of this??? Thanks a bunch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snopro_69 View Post
Hey everyone... Just a question for ya. Was at shop in town getting few things on truck done with fluids in difs and stuff. And the guy workin on it said my AFE pro guard drop in filter is no good cause the sides suck in and lets in dirt. And gave me a big speech about how they used to sell them and stuff. I thought it was a good filter and works good with my Spartan tunes just wondering if i should be worried or if anyone has heard of this??? Thanks a bunch
we have seen this BUT both the filter were not cleaned right, they had let them get so much dirt built-up that they did suck in and tear. the afe is a good filter and will not do this if watched and cleaned when needed. both cases were pure neglect.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-24-2011, 01:58 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

thank you... do you know if i can use the K&N cleaning kit and oil... is it all the same because thats all i can find here with not having any days off work rite now
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snopro_69 View Post
thank you... do you know if i can use the K&N cleaning kit and oil... is it all the same because thats all i can find here with not having any days off work rite now
yes you can use a k&n cleaning kit, just remember it don't take the hole can of oil to oil it. I don't know the difference between afe/s&b/k&n and others oil packages but do know they were all designed to oil a cleanable filter and should work fine. the most common problem i see is filters that were over oiled, the oil will catch on the maf sensor and cause a check engine light with some drivability issues.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode