leaving DOC on---greener right? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by deebarjay, this thread has received 2 replies and been viewed 908 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-03-2011, 10:19 AM Thread Starter

leaving DOC on---greener right?

does the DOC hamper a tuner in any way if it is left intact on the exhaust system...i know they do plug up eventually,but if left on and and it is not gunked up,wouldnt it be the greener thing to do? not exactly a tree hugger, but if it cuts NOX emmissions why not?....it is what i'd like to do.i will be ordering the delete stuff pretty soon and if the consensus is go DOC/DPF then thats what i will do.

2008 SILVER XLT extended cab,8ft.bed,3.55, 6.4 auto,100 gallon Delta sliptank,goosenek hitch,timbrens,torklift tiedowns.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-03-2011, 02:56 PM

Everyone has their own opinion and theory. I think either do the entire thing or leave it stock. I would think leaving the DOC on would restrict it and not give you the full results. Now is it greener to leave everything on DOC & DPF for "clean air" and burn way more fuel or take it all off and save fuel??? That is the question. My personal believe is yes the DOC/DPF problems cleans them up a bit but how much and is the diesel exhaust really have any effect on anything I do not believe it does but many people disagree with that and have all kinds of "Stats" to say so.

Again my opinion go full delete or leave stock.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-05-2011, 10:55 PM

Garage
Take 'em both ar leave em' both IMHO. I burn much less fuel, do one oil change a year (amsoil and filter), and much more. Just the oil change interval alone saves me 60 quarts and 4 filters, not to mention the waste that oil produces from production and disposal. So I don't think one get's much greener than that with a 6.4, not that I really care. It just costs much less now and will last much longer. I got all the parts gently used and paid a fraction for everything including the Spartan tuner, thanks to the forums.

08 Job 2 Lariat CC SB 3.73 6.4
4" custom (i.e. made from parts from here and there) DP back SS exhaust
S&B Oiled CAI
Spartan Tuned (275)
Powerstroke 67 DPF/DOC delete
Recon Smoked Cab Lights
Dual Headrest DVD/Monitors
Rhino Liner

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode